Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.
At it's closest point to Earth in 15 years... stand-by with your lenses of varying magnification, the god of war approaches! It's certainly been prominent in the night sky, anyone manage any decent pictures? I know there's a couple of skygazers on here

http://time.com

The event, known as Mars Close Approach, is thanks to Mars’ and Earth’s orbits around the Sun, which on July 31
bit previous like but thanks all the same birthday is actually 30th England won the World Cup on my 13th birthday
:eek:

Cheers for that I hope your 75th also sees us win the world cup, many happy returns for the day!!

I have never tried for a picture of Mars. I will see if I can give it a go and report back. I think in my scope it will be small and blurry.

I have never tried for a picture of Mars. I will see if I can give it a go and report back. I think in my scope it will be small and blurry.
Depends, unless you have a good eq mount with spot on tracking, the best way is to use a webcam and some kind of stacking software. (Registax?).
I have a 12" dob upstairs but it's too big and heavy to lug down just for Mars. A new supernova would tempt me though.

Depends, unless you have a good eq mount with spot on tracking, the best way is to use a webcam and some kind of stacking software. (Registax?).
I have a 12" dob upstairs but it's too big and heavy to lug down just for Mars. A new supernova would tempt me though.
Got a 90mm on an altz goto. Not bad with a web cam for jupiter and the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back