Mars

I'm not sure where you mean, but there are a couple of errors in there. I found that unless you have the camera perfectly level (difficult as it is round) then each frame is just of skew by a couple of degrees. I had to rotate them slightly and could not get them spot on.

Good effort nonetheless ;)

Reckon I could see that with mine? Sky isnt great in my back garden like with a street lamp overlooking.
Oh yeah, use a 25mm eyepiece to find it and switch up to 10mm depending on the seeing. A light pollution filter or moon filter will help with the LP.
You have a fairly portable setup so why not have a drive into the country?
M13 will look good in your scope too.

Oh yeah, use a 25mm eyepiece to find it and switch up to 10mm depending on the seeing. A light pollution filter or moon filter will help with the LP.
You have a fairly portable setup so why not have a drive into the country?
M13 will look good in your scope too.

Yeah I do intend to go out into the country at some point- could be an idea when the kids are a bit older and would show more of an interest. Would love to do Kielder..never even seen the Milky Way.

I do fancy setting up some sort of webcam attachment to get a photo of Jupiter stacked.

Yeah I do intend to go out into the country at some point- could be an idea when the kids are a bit older and would show more of an interest. Would love to do Kielder..never even seen the Milky Way.

I do fancy setting up some sort of webcam attachment to get a photo of Jupiter stacked.
He he, drive up to Kielder any clear winter night and turn into the campsite car park. The Milky Way is almost directly overhead. No scope needed.

ScopeNights for IOS seems a canny app. It takes into account weather, cloud cover and humidity to give a prediction of how worthwhile it is to head out. It also has an up to date dark sky map overlaid onto google satellite view, so you can find local darker spots.

Currently the clear night logic seems to be, if I'm out or really tired then it is clear. If I'm home and want to get out then it clouds over.

At it's closest point to Earth in 15 years... stand-by with your lenses of varying magnification, the god of war approaches! It's certainly been prominent in the night sky, anyone manage any decent pictures? I know there's a couple of skygazers on here

http://time.com
Looking cracking low in the south east sky tonight. Saturn & Jupiter also clearly visible and the moonlight reflected off the sea just completes the scene. Beautiful night sky tonight.

Back