Mark Wood

Well you used to blame it on England despite him being injury prone before becoming a international
Erm, I blamed England for mis management of fast bowlers, something which nobody can dispute. It was farcical & the list of players breaking down was hideous. Look at Robinson for example, he looked like a lad who was on a diet of fags, booze & fast food in Australia and looked fucked. Fast forward to this new regime and the bowlers look fresh, fit & far happier. There workload is managed, rotation is far better (remember in The Ashes when they flogged an injured Ben Stokes in 38 degrees heat in Adelaide?). Olly Stone/Potts/Archer/Broad all back in the fold now at various levels whilst the likes of Wood get a rest which is common sense which never used to apply previously. Injuries can happen at anytime but preventable measures can be put in place to attempt to reduce such occurrences and that's exactly what this regime are displaying well. Even Stokes himself looks a lot fresher.

Erm, I blamed England for mis management of fast bowlers, something which nobody can dispute. It was farcical & the list of players breaking down was hideous. Look at Robinson for example, he looked like a lad who was on a diet of fags, booze & fast food in Australia and looked fucked. Fast forward to this new regime and the bowlers look fresh, fit & far happier. There workload is managed, rotation is far better (remember in The Ashes when they flogged an injured Ben Stokes in 38 degrees heat in Adelaide?). Olly Stone/Potts/Archer/Broad all back in the fold now at various levels whilst the likes of Wood get a rest which is common sense which never used to apply previously. Injuries can happen at anytime but preventable measures can be put in place to attempt to reduce such occurrences and that's exactly what this regime are displaying well. Even Stokes himself looks a lot fresher.
You must blame Durham as well

You must blame Durham as well
Durham do as England tell him. He isn't contracted by Durham. Any fitness programme he does in Durham is instructed by England as it is whatever game involvement. He's owned by England, not Durham. If England tell Durham to bowl him 30 overs in a 4 dayer, that's what Durham will do. That's how central contracts work. England dictate and even send their own physiotherapy people to Durham on a regular basis as they will do with all other counties

Last edited:
Treasure Woody....gonna miss him massively in all formats when he goes (hopefully not for another 4 years)
Dobell recently said on one of his 'ask george' podcast thingys, that Woody is probably the fastest bowler, consistently fastest bowler, that has ever played for England, and he felt England would find him the hardest player to replace since Graeme Swann

Durham do as England tell him. He isn't contracted by Durham. Any fitness programme he does in Durham is instructed by England as it is whatever game involvement. He's owned by England, not Durham. If England tell Durham to bowl him 30 overs in a 4 dayer, that's what Durham will do. That's how central contracts work. England dictate and even send their own physiotherapy people to Durham on a regular basis as they will do with all other counties

The bottom line mate and I know we disagree, is that Wood has always been injury prone and it’s nobodys fault

He is a brilliant lad but unfortunately for him that’s just the way it is, sometimes nobody is to blame it’s just the way it is imo.

It is so easy to blame somebody else for the ‘ Handling off him’ but that’s the bottom line.

The bottom line mate and I know we disagree, is that Wood has always been injury prone and it’s nobodys fault

He is a brilliant lad but unfortunately for him that’s just the way it is, sometimes nobody is to blame it’s just the way it is imo.

It is so easy to blame somebody else for the ‘ Handling off him’ but that’s the bottom line.
Logon or register to see this image

Totally get that all I've said is this regime are far better at managing the players. The way the fast bowlers (many of them) were managed was an absolute disgrace. They're been very sensible with Wood at the moment

Totally get that all I've said is this regime are far better at managing the players. The way the fast bowlers (many of them) were managed was an absolute disgrace. They're been very sensible with Wood at the moment

Like I say respect your opinion but disagree, people like Robinson for example have took their own responsibility to get fit after been out of shape in The Ashes, he more or less said that himself, it’s not always down to management, in fact it could be argued previous regime rotated too much

Like I say respect your opinion but disagree, people like Robinson for example have took their own responsibility to get fit after been out of shape in The Ashes, he more or less said that himself, it’s not always down to management, in fact it could be argued previous regime rotated too much

Management had a big part to play with Robinson. Jon Lewis was very critical of his fitness and lack of professionalism.

He also said ""With the help of the England medical staff, Jimmy (James Anderson), Stokesy (Ben Stokes), Baz (Brendon McCullum), I have got myself into a really good place and now thriving in this environment."

Back