Mark Knopfler

I find it very shallow that you can’t appreciate or enjoy a talent because of where someone is from/grew up.

Knopfler is a very talented guitarist who has made some massive worldwide songs, I love his style

I wasn’t being entirely serious…except for the Fender bit.
I think this is a whoosh. @Frijj is not that narrow minded. (Hope I’m right anyway Frijj lad)

Sort of a whoosh, sort of not, Fender pisses me off with the mag shirts.

Brilliant musician. Boring as fuck live. Music was amazing, but might as well have listened to a recording of it.
Yep agree with that saw them live in 1992 at Gateshead stadium with Lyle Lovett and his large band supporting them then saw guns n roses three days later at the same venue.
Brilliant musician. Boring as fuck live. Music was amazing, but might as well have listened to a recording of it.

I wasn’t being entirely serious…except for the Fender bit.

Sort of a whoosh, sort of not, Fender pisses me off with the mag shirts.
agree about Fender.

Where Knopfler writes songs about the local area, its heritage, its people and its culture, Fender writes about being cliche'd rubbish and tops up his local lad done good image, so he can sell more and more and more!!!

agree about Fender.

Where Knopfler writes songs about the local area, its heritage, its people and its culture, Fender writes about being cliche'd rubbish and tops up his local lad done good image, so he can sell more and more and more!!!
This. He’s annoying.
And I’ve got no problem with him being from North Shields - seeing as I was born there myself :lol:

Definitely dad music from the 1980s. It’s the same as Genesis. I’m sure there’s fans out there. Add Roachford, I think thats what he was called, I give you the cool magnum tasched dad of the 1980s.
Roachford sold about 1% of those other 2s world sales mind you but yes if they made records then and lads bought them and haven't made them lately those lads will be Dad's now
Pretty much every house in the Northern hemisphere had Brothers in arms
The hip kids already had Making movies though

Saw him with Dire straits at york uni before they put an album out. Nowt flash.
Sultans of swing etc was very new and different , his own style of solo playing. Rapidly got bored with " the sound" . Brothers in arms was at the end of my road , got into more earthy blues stuff.

Can’t wait for him to come back to the Arena. Saw him the last two times. 2 and 3 row. Just an amazing guitarist. I was raised on his music

Back