Marcus North

Sounds like North is going to be wearing his Durham track suit more than his blazer. It will be interesting to see how visible he is on match days and how often he is in the nets coaching.

Sounds like North is going to be wearing his Durham track suit more than his blazer. It will be interesting to see how visible he is on match days and how often he is in the nets coaching.
Well if that happened it would puzzle me. I mean what is a Director of Cricket supposed to do? Whatever it is it's not to do the Head Coach's job for him.

Well if that happened it would puzzle me. I mean what is a Director of Cricket supposed to do? Whatever it is it's not to do the Head Coach's job for him.
To be honest mate that's why ism asking. Apparently he is replacing Cook but he appeared to get frozen out as soon as he came back after his illness. Surely that's why he took on jobs with Northumberland and local clubs because he had nowt much to do at Durham.

To be honest mate that's why ism asking. Apparently he is replacing Cook but he appeared to get frozen out as soon as he came back after his illness. Surely that's why he took on jobs with Northumberland and local clubs because he had nowt much to do at Durham.
Yea. That's odd. I mean if he's the boss, which you'd expect he is with a title like that, how can he be frozen out.

I hope MN is the boss and takes control of Jon Lewis - but that doesn't mean actively coaching himself.

So the obvious point is why wasn't the first team properly prepared for the start of the season? Yes I know winter returned and disrupted plans …. but that's not something out of the ordinary, thses';s often disruption that early in the year. What did other clubs do?

Others clubs went abroad to the sun to play (I don't think Durham have done that since the year after their Championship win when they had to to play the seasons opening match against the MCC. Or other clubs invested in a 'big heated tent' so that they could at least play on grass at home. Durham did neither and a bad start was converted into a bad middle and then a bad end.

Yes and wrote the excellent ' summers with Durham' which of you haven't read you have to

I wondered if this was the case. Hope he'll still bash out another book or two in retirement

I’m hoping he does a second edition of Summers With Durham - from 2009 to present day.

How can he be a batting coach? I played against him in his Stockton days and he was an out and out bowler.

He's the one who is in the nets with the batsmen all the time. He had Clark there during our 2nd innings against Sussex....it didn't appear to do him much good in the game that followed.:eek:

I’m hoping he does a second edition of Summers With Durham - from 2009 to present day.

Great book.

Back