Marcus North

I'll forgive a slip of the pen from a good cricket Journalist. The biggest problem with cricket journalism including in the North East is that there isn't enough of it.
Yet, ironically, even the nationals were leaking North's appointment before it was officially announced.

Over the moon they’ve chosen him. In my dealings with him he has been very professional. He has a wealth of cricket experience at the highest level.
Hopefully he will relieve Lewis of his duties soon.
Stuart Rayner is a decent cricket journalist. I accept he got one fact wrong but does know what’s going on.

Over the moon they’ve chosen him. In my dealings with him he has been very professional. He has a wealth of cricket experience at the highest level.
Hopefully he will relieve Lewis of his duties soon.
Stuart Rayner is a decent cricket journalist. I accept he got one fact wrong but does know what’s going on.
Stuart is a good bloke, he's got time to speak and reply to fans unlike others

Yes and wrote the excellent ' summers with Durham' which of you haven't read you have to

I wondered if this was the case. Hope he'll still bash out another book or two in retirement
I suspect Rayner has beaten him to it. He's producing a book about pre and post the sanctions.

Seems a decent bloke from what I've seen of him on bits on telly. Did he not play for Durham at one point, or have I imagined that?

Far from jobs for the boys imo. He’s not one to tow the party line and will go in and shake things up if he feel he needs to.

Hopefully the first thing he does is get rid of Lewis, wouldn’t be bothered if colly replaces him as head coach but Lewis has to go.
Things certainly need shaking up! Perhaps Bostock has quickly realized this, hence the appointment of a DoC. I'd temper criticism of Lewis until I was sure whether it was he or Colly was pulling the strings.

Back