Marco Silva

You should have just doubled them up with us!

There are some on here who think he was a God.
The only difference is Rafa is still in charge up there at the helm.
Had Allardyce still been at the helm here, we wouldn't be far away from where we are now.
In fact the club may have entered administration, judging by his transfer deals.
Not all unlike Benitez

80m spent and youd be happy with finishing 7th which is a place lower than the form Allarydyce has yous after he took over. :confused:

No chance of progression under Allardyce.

May have spent £80m but lots of issues in the squad from previous structures. Will take another two or three windows to sort out properly when we can attempt to break top six.

Even watching us yesterday, I can’t say I was clamouring for the days of one shot on target every game and Big Sam to return.

He did an okay job here but the results aren’t worth the style.

No chance of progression under Allardyce.

May have spent £80m but lots of issues in the squad from previous structures. Will take another two or three windows to sort out properly when we can attempt to break top six.

Even watching us yesterday, I can’t say I was clamouring for the days of one shot on target every game and Big Sam to return.

He did an okay job here but the results aren’t worth the style.
In all honesty how many managers get the chance to show any progression? First sign of bother and they are out the door.

I am only jesting in my early condemnation of Silva as far too early to say but given the attitude towards Sam I won’t be shedding any tears if you’s struggle this year.

BFS didn't even get one game before the knives were out

He got quite a few actually. After we drew 1-1 in the derby at Anfield everything was great. What followed that was the same old Sam we thought he was and he never strayed away from that. Disrespectful off the field and dirge on it with no attempt to beat any decent side and almost purposely sabataging certain line ups to make an excuse for his style (see Arsenal away).

Allardyce has only really been appreciated here and Bolton. For some reason, fans of clubs who have won nowt for years seem to believe they have a divine right to play a certain way

Teams like Everton, West Ham and the Mags getting ridiculed for wanting more than just safety from their managers. :rolleyes:

BSA was the right man at the right time here but he was pathetic at Everton giving it the big licks when he gets an away point at Huddersfield. You can see why he's never been a proper big club.

Teams like Everton, West Ham and the Mags getting ridiculed for wanting more than just safety from their managers. :rolleyes:

BSA was the right man at the right time here but he was pathetic at Everton giving it the big licks when he gets an away point at Huddersfield. You can see why he's never been a proper big club.
Nobody is necessarily disagreeing with that. The point is though he's 10x the manager Marco Silva is.

Is this a chance for Sunderland fans to go on about big sam in a manner that we ridicule the Newcastle fans for idolising Rafa?

Sam who had us top 10 form over half a season? 3 defeats in his last 19 games

Rafa took them down after failing to beat any of their rivals, took them back up after spending heavily and has them in the bottom 2 again while constantly complaining over lack of funds despite reinvesting around £150m.

A good percentage of Sunderland fans don’t seem to appreciate how well Sam did, while the Mags have given Rafa a weird God like status.

That comparison? :lol:

I know an Everton fan (ironically, a friend of my friend who is a Liverpool fan) and he reckons (pre-Sunday) that some Everton fans (including him) think that they're going to close the gap to Liverpool :). What is it now, 6 points from 5 games, already 9 points behind Liverpool, just got battered at home against a team who had lost every game, and they play Arsenal away next...

The big clubs play to win every game.
Sam would self destruct trying to outwit teams every week.

Back