March Photo Challenge - Landscape Composition - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has aroused the pedant in me. I'm outraged (at something, not sure what though)! Burn him!

Love it when it kicks off on the photoboard like

Fight Fight Fight!

I reckon smoker is git hard anarl

Icarebecauseyoudo said:
Love it when it kicks off on the photoboard like

Fight Fight Fight!

I reckon smoker is git hard anarl

He must be, he smokes! We'll send him round to kick the culprits back doors in.

Landscape is all about timing and patience lads and lasses

Let this be a lesson to you

I was down the beach the other day and saw a guy shooting that must be Paws. By just waiting a few extra moments I managed to get Michael Jackson in shot. The moment was fleeting cos he needed a wee

picture.php

This. Also not sure what's wrong with shooting farmland.

Photos should be taken in March, it's the rools! :evil:;)

Fair point that is tbf! ;)

Right I'll take one this month, and one in the mighty shropshire!

I'll post the sexy munich one in here as well.

Fair point that is tbf! ;)

Right I'll take one this month, and one in the mighty shropshire!

I'll post the sexy munich one in here as well.

You got away with your last photo being taken in 1975 ;)

You not got a car or any imagination, Malmo? :lol: The daffs shot is canny.

I don't own a car, carbon footprint and that... :lol:

no, but rather embarrassingly I don't drive. Never been arsed and as I moved abroad where public transport is actually half decent never seen the need.

Since I've come back over, I've been tempted to learn. Seriously though, a lot of Shropshire round this time is just brown. Cracking in the summer, especially the mustard grain fields. I just think North Shrop is a bit scummy. When most people think of here, they think South Shropshire. The only good thing about north wales is, there isn't much there, so its a lot of unspoiled rolling hills. here its a bit flat and just smells of cow shit. So i'll be popping over the border I think an heading up to llangollen. I took this last year from up a old slate mine

Logon or register to see this image

23 by Cook-HFK, on Flickr

If people would like to check out my flickr then would be most appreciated, although there isn't a lot on there at the moment!

Was going to enter this for the comp. If we had won the Derby I would have!
Photographed In the Cheviots on Otterburn Range, Derby Day. Wasnt at the game and I cant watch it or listen to it - makes me ill!

Flying High.....

Photographed In the Cheviots on Otterburn Range, Derby Day. Wasnt at the game and I cant watch it or listen to it - makes me ill!

Flying High.....

Nice shot, reminds me of Command and Conquer Red Alert. I take it you are military.

Flying High.....

Fantastic shot that mate.

Im off up grinshill today for some lovely shots of shropshire... or not as the case may turn out to be :lol:

Nice shot, reminds me of Command and Conquer Red Alert. I take it you are military.

Nah mate I'm a painter - Just love getting out and about in Northumberland.

MalmöMakem - Hope the light is good for you, look forward to seeing some shots

Nah mate I'm a painter - Just love getting out and about in Northumberland.

MalmöMakem - Hope the light is good for you, look forward to seeing some shots

It was shocking :lol:

it had that horrible haze where you couldn't see hardly anything. cleared up a little and I got some other good shots for myself.

Quite interestingly stumbled across this rather imposing looking church. grave yard full off daffs. Had a look at one of the gravestones. It was someone who had died in the battle of the somme! canadian as well. Love stuff like that

I haven't entered the competition for a few months like but landscapes are kind of my "thing" so will be out over the weekend. I'm at a loss for inspiration though, really struggling to think of somewhere that's within walking distance (cos I don't have a car) that hasn't already been done before.

I've got somewhere in mind but have a feeling that's it's going to be canny boring when I get out there!

p.s. Paws - very nice shot that mate! ...although the horizon looks ever so slightly off ;)

this is sort of what I'm looking at, but I was so annoyed about the haze. There was literally no definition between the horizon and the sky, then the sky was just a white glow. got a little bit better in this photo but that was about it. I'll keep having a look to see if i can change it.

this is sort of what I'm looking at, but I was so annoyed about the haze. There was literally no definition between the horizon and the sky, then the sky was just a white glow. got a little bit better in this photo but that was about it. I'll keep having a look to see if i can change it.

Were you not able to wait until sunset?

These hazy scenes are often shite in the day, but improve dramatically at the end

Were you not able to wait until sunset?

These hazy scenes are often shite in the day, but improve dramatically at the end

Couldn't hang about as had other stuff to do later on. It got a bit better as I left and as the sun was going down. Ive gone back and got some better shots. Just debating which one to use now!

Couldn't hang about as had other stuff to do later on. It got a bit better as I left and as the sun was going down. Ive gone back and got some better shots. Just debating which one to use now!

Looks a decent location

Shropshire's horrible innit ;)

Looks a decent location

Shropshire's horrible innit ;)

It is where I live! honestly.

Works well on the way to shrews as the farmers are the wealthy lot and own a lot of lad. So not all gets farmed. Crop rotation and all that jazz. Hence getting some nice green grass. Up by me everything is farmed to its arse and currently everything is brown!

just snuck a quick entry in before deadline, I completely ran out of time this month, and whilst in the garden today took my pic of my ladies (nothing weird mind you i aint into owt like that!) taking a stroll in the sunshine.

My chickens are mint I love 'em and they are really timid, and are very freindly and have their own personalities.

on a quick side not I am hatching my first chicks out in the incubator at the moment, should be a dad (again) a 21 days! just in time for easter.

btw there are some cracking entries this mont, the standard is very high well done folks, keep up the good work, gonna be a close call this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back