Marc McNulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen him play but reports saying that he drops back to provide a link to the midfield sound promising.

Could he possibly play in the number 10 role?

Remember seeing him have a blinder against Notts County in the play offs for Coventry and wanting us to be linked with him.

Only time I’ve ever seen him play

If he can fly at SPL and league 2 level he should be at least decent in league one now he's at his prime and has the motivation to do it on the biggest stage he's played at.

Not reading this thread because I absolutely know he's already been written off as shite.

Am I wrong?

Nah people who've never seen him play are saying he's the missing piece and people who've never seen him play saying he's shite.

Just the usual, often wonder how some posters on here appear to have seen every professional football player in the world play. I'll get slagged for saying I've never f***ing heard of him with the usual "did you not watch league one football before we were in it, he was class for Coventry" and my answer will be no, just like I don't watch the vanarama league in case we're in that in a few years.

Nah people who've never seen him play are saying he's the missing piece and people who've never seen him play saying he's shite.

Just the usual, often wonder how some posters on here appear to have seen every professional football player in the world play. I'll get slagged for saying I've never f***ing heard of him with the usual "did you not watch league one football before we were in it, he was class for Coventry" and my answer will be no, just like I don't watch the vanarama league in case we're in that in a few years.

:lol: I think most are probably in that boat if they're being honest. I'd heard of him, and knew he was a striker (he's been about a bit, played for Scotland so I'd heard his name which is more than I can say about the other signings we've made and 2 of them were in our league last season!), but that's about it. I think he sounds promising because of some of the things that have been written about him, and I'm glad he seems to want to be here and will graft (I'd have been anxious about Marquis) but like everyone else we've signed we need to wait and see really

Cant really remember him play, hopefully he comes good.

A bit worry we’re into the loan market already. We desperately need some pace in the team.

If he can fly at SPL and league 2 level he should be at least decent in league one now he's at his prime and has the motivation to do it on the biggest stage he's played at.
he is a hibs fan..so probanly regarded that as the biggests tage he could play on..on a personal level..and he played for scotland and is scottish born so same thing...on a personal level that should have mattered more..
but career wise safc is the biggest club for sure..

:lol: I think most are probably in that boat if they're being honest. I'd heard of him, and knew he was a striker (he's been about a bit, played for Scotland so I'd heard his name which is more than I can say about the other signings we've made and 2 of them were in our league last season!), but that's about it. I think he sounds promising because of some of the things that have been written about him, and I'm glad he seems to want to be here and will graft (I'd have been anxious about Marquis) but like everyone else we've signed we need to wait and see really

I'm in the same boat. I ended up watching a video of him on you tube last night to see what he would add, from his time at Coventry. It was League Two of course, the season he scored a load of goal and the reality is I'm not much wiser from watching it, but whilst he doesn't seem really quick he isn't slow and is mobile, bit of a jonny on the spot in the box, scored goals from penalties, headers, outside the box, inside the box like a poacher. Seemed to work the channels on occasions and drop deep on occasions too. Looks useful but isn't going to give us the pace we're craving, though looking at pre-season highlights so far Watmore has been heavily involved and has been doing a bit of that.

From his Coventry video (I know we shouldn't judge him from a video) he seems quick enough over the first 5 yards, despite the journalist claiming he's not quick.

He wins a good few penalties from his trickery and dispatches them too. Likes to come in from behind, which Honeyman doesn't and isn't what Maguire does either.

He scores tap ins, blinders, headers, right foot and left foot.

Got to be worth a punt, and hopefully there is an option to buy, if it works out.

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back