Marc McNulty

:lol: I think most are probably in that boat if they're being honest. I'd heard of him, and knew he was a striker (he's been about a bit, played for Scotland so I'd heard his name which is more than I can say about the other signings we've made and 2 of them were in our league last season!), but that's about it. I think he sounds promising because of some of the things that have been written about him, and I'm glad he seems to want to be here and will graft (I'd have been anxious about Marquis) but like everyone else we've signed we need to wait and see really
I reckon we signed Grigg cos of his name. "Marquee" type signing if you will. Good song, good PR - unless of course it turns out he cannot hit a barn fuckin' door from 3 ft away....

I prefer to see him play for us first rather than go purely on what others have to say about him or his record with a club who had a totally different season to us. A club who were in a higher league to us. A club who did better than us.

Seem to remember both Wyke and Grigg missing some absolute sitters last season , did nobody create those chances ?
also seem to remember plenty games where no chances were created at all which isn't good enough for a team that is supposed to be fighting for automatic promotion is it?

Another ex Coventry city player :eek:

Was useless when we first signed him. Many started calling him McWankty. But suddenly he started scoring all the time. Certainly seems a confidence striker. Our supporters are split on him. He has had two good seasons. One with us and one with Hibs. Division 4 and Scotland. Has failed a couple of times in Division 3 before. But as we saw he knows where the back of the net is.

We signed him for nothing and got a decent price for him from Reading. He got the goals so deserved the chance.

It will be interesting to see which player you get. The scorer or the failed striker. How can someone score so many goals but never manage just one more level up? Maybe he needs games before he hits form. But would your support be on his back before he hits form like he did with us?

Was useless when we first signed him. Many started calling him McWankty. But suddenly he started scoring all the time. Certainly seems a confidence striker. Our supporters are split on him. He has had two good seasons. One with us and one with Hibs. Division 4 and Scotland. Has failed a couple of times in Division 3 before. But as we saw he knows where the back of the net is.

We signed him for nothing and got a decent price for him from Reading. He got the goals so deserved the chance.

It will be interesting to see which player you get. The scorer or the failed striker. How can someone score so many goals but never manage just one more level up? Maybe he needs games before he hits form. But would your support be on his back before he hits form like he did with us?

Depends if someone else is scoring

:lol::lol:

Slightly different opinion than you had last summer before he was sold:

“McNulty, if we manage to keep him will score lots of goals.“

Touch of sour grapes?

Give owa man :lol:

Possibly the worst insult I’ve ever had the displeasure to read.

I reckon we signed Grigg cos of his name. "Marquee" type signing if you will. Good song, good PR - unless of course it turns out he cannot hit a barn fuckin' door from 3 ft away....
I reckon we signed him because JR had heard of him..and JR hadnt heard of many players at this level..
Grigg has an outsanidng record over many years at this level..why havent sunderland created the environment for him to thrive?

Back