Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I don't rate Silva whatsoever just shows that football reporting/Sky is embarrassing these days - in the run up to the Everton/WHU game the media were banging on about how great WHU are and how their recruitment has been miles better.

Fast forward 3-4 matches and we are level on points (and should be higher had VAR not fucked us over against Brighton/Spurs).

Outside of 2 sides the rest are currently making up the numbers.

Leicester are just lucky they got the new manager bounce / Vardys legs havent yet fallen off the one year the top 6 are a shambles (like they did the year they won the league).

I think you are being a little unfair on Leicester there mind. Rodgers has been there a good while now and the play differently to when they won the league. They have also lost someone who was regarded as the best midfielder in the league as well as the second best CB

Last edited:

They have some excellent players going forward but their defence, including the reserve keeper, is rank.

I think you are being a little unfair on Leicester there mind. Rodgers has been there a good while now and the play differently to when they won the league. They have also lost someone who was regarded as the best midfielder in the league as well as the second best CB

I just cant see it lasting - they had Rodgers last season and finished below a bang average Everton side.

They are playing well but Rodgers reminds me alot of Martinez (when we finished 5th in his 1st season) - he seems capable of getting a team playing good football and having a very good season (Liverpool finishing 2nd) then coming back down to earth.

Those touting him for the Utd/Arsenal job is embarassing when he's won nothing in the big leagues as a manager - if he repeats this next season I'll admit I was wrong but some idiots were touting Martinez for the Barca job one season at us & Wolves to finish top 4 this season based on finishing 7th last season.

I just cant see it lasting - they had Rodgers last season and finished below a bang average Everton side.

They are playing well but Rodgers reminds me alot of Martinez (when we finished 5th in his 1st season) - he seems capable of getting a team playing good football and having a very good season (Liverpool finishing 2nd) then coming back down to earth.

Those touting him for the Utd/Arsenal job is embarassing when he's won nothing in the big leagues as a manager - if he repeats this next season I'll admit I was wrong but some idiots were touting Martinez for the Barca job one season at us & Wolves to finish top 4 this season based on finishing 7th last season.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about Rodgers and Leicester. Leicester have been the third best side in the country by the metric of points since he joined in February. This Leicester side are the real deal and one of the top ten sides in Europe.

Your dislike of Rodgers is obvious with him being an ex red but I would suggest your dislike of Leicester is pure jealousy as they're the club who have infiltrated the top six with a title win and seem on course for another pop at the Champions League whilst Everton just make the number up again for about the 30th year in a row.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about Rodgers and Leicester. Leicester have been the third best side in the country by the metric of points since he joined in February. This Leicester side are the real deal and one of the top ten sides in Europe.

Your dislike of Rodgers is obvious with him being an ex red but I would suggest your dislike of Leicester is pure jealousy as they're the club who have infiltrated the top six with a title win and seem on course for another pop at the Champions League whilst Everton just make the number up again for about the 30th year in a row.

How have Leicester been the 3rd best team since February when they finished 9th last season?

They are having a very good season 12 games in - if they are still in the top 4 next season at this point I'll admit im wrong - its embarassing raving when as I said Everton were apparently miles behind WHU and their recruitment apparently 3 weeks ago now suddenly we are not (in the space of 21 days).

In the era of sky and social media you are the dogs bollocks one minute then shite the next- remember Ole's at the wheel?

Last edited:

Bit harsh mate.
The current Leicester side are bang on it and are entertaining to watch, you can’t deny that.
At this point in time Rogers and that Allegri will be the next two appointments at “big six” clubs.
Hughton will probably be the next one in the bottom six.

Bit harsh mate.
The current Leicester side are bang on it and are entertaining to watch, you can’t deny that.
At this point in time Rogers and that Allegri will be the next two appointments at “big six” clubs.
Hughton will probably be the next one in the bottom six.

But you're judging all this on 12 weeks! 12 weeks!

Everton finished 5th on a record 72 points haul in Martinez's first season playing sublime football, passing a very good Arsenal side off the park at the Emirates which Thierry Henry said he had never seen a side do.

We then finished 11th & 13th the following seasons.

All im saying is lets wait and see and if Rodgers gets top 6 2x seasons on the bounce fair play - but im not jumping on the bandwagon 12 games in - our owner did that last 18 months ago which got us stuck with Silva based on a good 10 games as Watford manager.

How have Leicester been the 3rd best team since February when they finished 9th last season?

They are having a very good season 12 games in - if they are still in the top 4 next season at this point I'll admit im wrong - its embarassing raving when as I said Everton were apparently miles behind WHU and their recruitment apparently 3 weeks ago now suddenly we are not (in the space of 21 days).

In the era of sky and social media you are the dogs bollocks one minute then shite the next- remember Ole's at the wheel?

Rodgers got 20pts from 11 games when he took over last season. He has 46pts from 23 games since February this year.

Nee offence but nobody gives a fuck about Everton's 5th placed finish 10/15 years a go just like nobody gives a fuck when Reidy finished 7th with Sunderland. Comparing yourselves with Leicester is just sour grapes, Leicester have won a title and might even win another one this season (stranger things have happened) and they also look more likely than not to be in the Champions League next season.

But you're judging all this on 12 weeks! 12 weeks!

Everton finished 5th on a record 72 points haul in Martinez's first season playing sublime football, passing a very good Arsenal side off the park at the Emirates which Thierry Henry said he had never seen a side do.

We then finished 11th & 13th the following seasons.

All im saying is lets wait and see and if Rodgers gets top 6 2x seasons on the bounce fair play - but im not jumping on the bandwagon 12 games in - our owner did that last 18 months ago which got us stuck with Silva based on a good 10 games as Watford manager.
Who said I was judging it on 12 weeks?

Rodgers got 20pts from 11 games when he took over last season. He has 46pts from 23 games since February this year.

Nee offence but nobody gives a fuck about Everton's 5th placed finish 10/15 years a go just like nobody gives a fuck when Reidy finished 7th with Sunderland. Comparing yourselves with Leicester is just sour grapes, Leicester have won a title and might even win another one this season (stranger things have happened) and they also look more likely than not to be in the Champions League next season.

You seem very angry im not demanding Rodgers get the Barcelona job based on 12 weeks in a season where 2 sides apart the league is absolutely rank bad - Everton should be f***ing in the bottom 3 based on our performances this season yet are 3 points off 5th.

You seem very angry im not demanding Rodgers get the Barcelona job based on 12 weeks in a season where 2 sides apart the league is absolutely rank bad - Everton should be f***ing in the bottom 3 based on our performances this season yet are 3 points off 5th.

Yeah I'm absolutely fuming. :lol:

Even though I don't rate Silva whatsoever just shows that football reporting/Sky is embarrassing these days - in the run up to the Everton/WHU game the media were banging on about how great WHU are and how their recruitment has been miles better.

Fast forward 3-4 matches and we are level on points (and should be higher had VAR not fucked us over against Brighton/Spurs).

Outside of 2 sides the rest are currently making up the numbers.

Leicester are just lucky they got the new manager bounce / Vardys legs havent yet fallen off the one year the top 6 are a shambles (like they did the year they won the league).
Everton's had same opportunity to capitalise in 2016, what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back