Man assaulted after son wearing black n white in Sland

I'm not entirely sure a 13 year old kid wearing a football top is looking for attention, suspect if roles were reversed and this was a Sunderland fan in Newcastle then the comments on this thread would be completely different.

Clattering someone because they support a different football team to you is sad as fuck like :lol: doing it in front of their bairn is even worse. It's football, it's really not that deep.
My bairn wears football shirts, mainly SAFC shirts everywhere we go. Everywhere we gooooo.
:D

Seriously though, the bairn doesn't give it a second thought.

I'm not entirely sure a 13 year old kid wearing a football top is looking for attention, suspect if roles were reversed and this was a Sunderland fan in Newcastle then the comments on this thread would be completely different.

Clattering someone because they support a different football team to you is sad as fuck like :lol: doing it in front of their bairn is even worse. It's football, it's really not that deep.
That's exactly what he was doing man. Cocky little teenager thinking he's mint - we've all been there.

I disagree and it's clearly looking for attention, more on the part of the dad for letting him wear it.... Surely part of being a responsible parent would be, aye they are at home, loads in town after the match so yeah probably wear another top.
I'd never go into Newcastle wearing a SAFC shirt at 7pm on a Saturday after one of their home matches. It's just being sensible.

Whilst it cannot be defended, why are people wearing Newcastle tops in Sunderland, it's obvious it's just to get a reaction, I guess they got what they wanted but it didn't end as suspected.
Exactly how I saw it.
Seems like they were being confrontational, silly thing to do when you don't know who you're gonna come across.

tbf- people wear football shirts all the time, especially kids- likely just forgot or is just daft and didn't remember that there is some weird unwritten social rule where my child shouldn't wear this particular t-shirt because people support a different team in this town- or more likely thought- 'he's only a bairn why would anyone be enraged at a child wearing a tshirt?'...
football rivalries outside of actual football are tedious anyway- but this is utterly pathetic.
His son is wearing a newcastle shirt in Sunderland city centre on a match day, the unwritten rule is don't do it, it will cause offence to somebody, which it sounds like exactly what happened.

Bang out of order and he deserves full punishment the law allows but ,as been said, you must think before you take your bairn in that shirt in Sunderland and minimise risk - especially on a match day of which he'll have been aware.
My little un lives in Newcastle but I'm not going to take her shopping there in her Sunderland shirt, it's inviting a reaction and one you don't want in front of your child.

Of all the tops he could have worn to the cinema in Sunderland, on a matchday he goes and chooses a mag top?

Would anyone on here knowingly do that walking up Northumberland Street when they are home ?
I had a Sunderland kagoul on, navy with club badge.I was on my dinner hour, heading down market Street and didn't notice the mags piling on their away coach..I got a load of stick but no slaps

Sounds like it happened going off the police appeal.

There must be half a dozen cinemas closer to Shildon than the one in Sunderland. Strange.

And on a match day too. Even stranger.

Still, assault is assault and one punch can kill, so hopefully the assailant is identified and caught.
2 cinemas in darlo 10-15 minutes from shildon
New one In Durham less than half hour away

I used to wear my Sunderland top when I was a bairn to the metro centre like.

Sure I’ve had it on in Newcastle as well. If your response in any situation is to punch someone, you’re a waste of oxygen anyway and should be locked up.

It's hard to believe that the father didn't think before leaving the house that wearing a mag top in Sunlun wasn't the best of ideas, so he's put himself and his son at unnecessary risk by trying to be clever....is that good parenting?

I don't agree with assaulting someone for wearing their teams colour's, but everyone knows there's certain things you just don't do if you want to avoid confrontation with the nastier kind of football fan on their turf.

A situation that could have easily been avoided if the father had only taken his sons safety into account over trying to provoke a reaction.

There’s neee chance I’d let my bairn wear a Sunderland top in newcastle mind. There’s idiots around so I’m not surprised. Whoever did it needs locking up.

The sad fuckers always loved parading themselves like the sweat stained mint humbugs they are down the airshow every year. They do it for the rise, even if they haven't actually got owt else to wear.

Thete was one when I was jogging along Roker front the other week, you could tell he was loving it and wanting a reaction as he was striding behind his bairn in the Newcastle shirt, making eye contact with people passing. Didn't look like anyone gave a toss mind, was just a load of dog walkers.

Last edited:

Back