Man assaulted after son wearing black n white in Sland

Whilst it cannot be defended, why are people wearing Newcastle tops in Sunderland, it's obvious it's just to get a reaction, I guess they got what they wanted but it didn't end as suspected.
If true it happened at 7pm on Saturday which means he could possibly be going to the Cinema as Sunderland match was finishing.
Wonder how the press got hold of the story? Look forward to the north east news tonight

Last edited:
Whilst it cannot be defended, why are people wearing Newcastle tops in Sunderland, it's obvious it's just to get a reaction, I guess they got what they wanted but it didn't end as suspected.
That’s what I was going to say like. Went looking for attention, got more attention than he anticipated. Obviously whoever clipped him is also a complete tit, but the situation could have been avoided.

Also, on a match day. Everyone involved is a bit silly

Last edited:
I used to wear me sunderland shirt in Newcastle when I was a kid, never had any bother. Once had someone point and laugh after we got relegated but thats it

I'm not entirely sure a 13 year old kid wearing a football top is looking for attention, suspect if roles were reversed and this was a Sunderland fan in Newcastle then the comments on this thread would be completely different.

Clattering someone because they support a different football team to you is sad as fuck like :lol: doing it in front of their bairn is even worse. It's football, it's really not that deep.

Totally unacceptable. However, he made sure he got in "my neck is still stiff and sore" for the compo claim.

I wear my Sunderland tops now and again in the summer when out walking the dog around Cramlington but nobody ever bats an eyelid.

When i used to live in Wallsend got absolute dogs abuse and would only ever wear my SAFC shirts when going to the match and tried to cover up as best i could under a coat.

Happens both ways kids in rival strips in Newcastle snd Sunderland, the dads should know better and daft thing is they prob wouldnt wear one themselves without their kid with them, only takes one scum bag why put your family in that position

Sounds like it happened going off the police appeal.

There must be half a dozen cinemas closer to Shildon than the one in Sunderland. Strange.

And on a match day too. Even stranger.

Still, assault is assault and one punch can kill, so hopefully the assailant is identified and caught.

I used to live in Newcastle and I saw it a few times. Young kids walking down Northumberland street or in Eldon Square in Sunderland tops.
Undoubtedly happens everywhere but as a parent it’s common sense to keep your kids safe. I distinctly remember as a kid wearing a Sunderland jumper to go to Newcastle and my dad made me go and change before we left the house. At the time I didn’t understand but he was just keeping me safe from any potential nutter, and I’m the same now with my boys. I know it shouldn’t be like that but there is always one idiot who will go to far.

I’m leaning towards this not actually happening.

However, If it did happen then the bloke who threw the punch deserves what’s coming.

tbf- people wear football shirts all the time, especially kids- likely just forgot or is just daft and didn't remember that there is some weird unwritten social rule where my child shouldn't wear this particular t-shirt because people support a different team in this town- or more likely thought- 'he's only a bairn why would anyone be enraged at a child wearing a tshirt?'...
football rivalries outside of actual football are tedious anyway- but this is utterly pathetic.

Back