Maja

We didn’t have a choice man sell him or get nowt later on

Well maybe, it just seems a lot of convenient excuses like, we hard the same about if Ndong and Pappy go, then it changes etc. Lots of smoke and mirrors from me. I'd honestly rather they were just honest and said we aren't going to spend and any sales we get from players will go into settling debts as well as extra money from the bigger crowds. Just say it. Don't pretend it isn't,least we know where we stand.

Well it is slightly, they got invest some money initially to pay off smaller debts, which happens at shed loads of businesses when they get took over.

No law saying we had to sell Maja to pay off a million quid debt.
Maja obviously wanted to go and when you take into account his crying off injured/ill, the club had to get rid . just the way it is

It's not a bare squad. It needs improvement in a couple of areas....i.e. striker and creative midfield. If we address those positions by the end of next week we should be ok to get out of this league. The main bulk of the squad is good enough for promotion.
And,before you start,we can't expect the club to build a Championship squad until we're in the Championship.

Yeah you are mostly right mate, but we do only have 1 striker, and its hard to get players of sufficient quality in on a limited budget, lookat last window, we were in the same situation, its just easier said than done, not just for us, but for any club.

Maja obviously wanted to go and when you take into account his crying off injured/ill, the club had to get rid . just the way it is

Yeah I didn't mean that actually, just meant bit of initial investment from the owners to pay off some small debts, so when we do sell someone like Maja we can invest that in the team, that was what I was expecting anyway.

Yeah you are mostly right mate, but we do only have 1 striker, and its hard to get players of sufficient quality in on a limited budget, lookat last window, we were in the same situation, its just easier said than done, not just for us, but for any club.

Agreed,but while it's getting on, there is still time. If this window closes and we haven't improved the squad in those areas,then I'll be concerned.

Seeya, I got a bit of stick for saying ages ago that he’d have signed by now if he wanted to stay, it’s been obvious for donkeys now he had no intention of signing up and was hiding behind his agent. We move on we can’t be held to ransom by a lad who’s had half a season of first team football regardless of how well he had done.

Well maybe, it just seems a lot of convenient excuses like, we hard the same about if Ndong and Pappy go, then it changes etc. Lots of smoke and mirrors from me. I'd honestly rather they were just honest and said we aren't going to spend and any sales we get from players will go into settling debts as well as extra money from the bigger crowds. Just say it. Don't pretend it isn't,least we know where we stand.

It’s to do with simple economics we had no chance with his contract situation when he wouldn’t sign

Let’s see what happens next before we rush to judgement

I thought on a podcast with RR or WMS he said we had settled all outstanding transfer fees?
He said by the end of this summer

3 strikers gone this window, we need 2 in now, hopefully not L1 journeymen. Think @Johnsafc was correct, said the owners wanted to sell or they wouldn't have given him a deadline. We should have just kept him until the end of the season.
Up to 3.5 mil now or 300k in the summer
Would he have given his all between now and the summer? who knows?

Depends on the quality mate, I am sure we can sign 2 strikers, but if you are very restricted going to be hard to replacce Maja's quality, I'd argue anyway
It’s a big week for the club and the new owners. Hugely important they get it right and they will have to invest to do so.

I'm a little bit disappointed that the Maja money won't go into the transfer kitty but I can see the reason why. We still have to pay of transfer fees. At least any outstanding money that we owe Bordeaux is gone at it's one less debt.

I still think Donald's job is to clear any debts, make us sufficient, financial stable and get us back into the Championship challenging for promotion. If he does that I think Sartori will buy Donald's share.

It’s a big week for the club and the new owners. Hugely important they get it right and they will have to invest to do so.

Hope so bud, I just think that statement is worrying, its like preparing the fact we won't be buying much. I mean no other reason to put it out

Probably expecting a couple of loans now tbh

He's gone to Bordeaux because that's the most lucrative deal his agent could get.
If he'd gone to a Premier or Championship club I could understand, but f***in Bordeaux! We're a game away from a Wembley appearance and in with a good chance of promotion but you'd rather be playing football in f***in Bordeaux, enjoy the money you greedy p****!!!

Bordeaux get a highly rated young player they could potentially sell back to England in a few year for a profit and earn more than they would be just getting in 1.5 million now, which is very little so it could be a great deal for them. The manager has no idea who is is so clearly hasn’t targeted him and his agent was reported to want him to go to Germany.

More to this than meets the eye imo.

You’ve nailed it. From what I was told the plan is to get him a decent PL move in a few year as his agent does not believe he’s good enough to make that move yet.

Probably with the end of Cattermole's contract.
Probably not in the club's interest but someone should carry out an investigation into that contract, it's not as if Cattermole was flying when it was offered. People were already wondering if he was worth his place in the team back then and when his move to Stoke looked a possibility I seem to remember a general feeling that it was the right time for him to leave (not everyone obviously). The fact that a certain ceo then became his agent stinks to high heaven, I know it's been said before.

It’s to do with simple economics we had no chance with his contract situation when he wouldn’t sign

Let’s see what happens next before we rush to judgement

Wasn't really my point mate, more about I think the owners could have settled debts for a few million here and there as part of their deal to buy the club, seeing as though Short was willing to right off £100m, surprised he didn't make that part of a deal, would mean that any income from player sales could go into the team, which is a good way to operate.

That is my view anyway.

Back