Maja starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wish the lad well, I'd have probably made the same move tbh. One of the bigger french teams, decent wage, probably a better standard of living in France and less potential vices. As mentioned the better he does to the more financial benefits we might get out of it too.

I suspect his and Asoros careers will be unspectacular lower league affairs in the long run. Both have potential, both moved too soon and have slowed down their development opportunities in search of a quick buck.

First goal since he went there 4 months ago isnt it?
Starting (and scoring) for a ligue 1 side, rather than stay at league one side sunderland.
Unless you supported Sunderland I'd think 99.9% of footballers would do this
Good on him, he was excellent for us, made us a bit of cash too.
I hope he continues to do well and I think he will.

He can do what he likes. But as you say he isn't a SAFC fan and so why should I wish him anything but ill given how he treat us at the end of his time here?

He dicked us about saying he was going to sign, then not speaking to us, then went back on what he asked for and drawing it out till he got a move elsewhere. We'd taken his word he was staying and then it put us under pressure to find a replacement and we paid probably an extra million or two than we might have for the replacement because we'd taken him at face value.

Until people mention him on here then I've almost forgotten about him tbf, he's played such an insignificant part in my time watching SAFC, but quite why any Sunderland fan would wish him well, nevermind call people who dislike him for those reasons 'fools' I've no idea. Unless you have no concept of morals and don't care about how players act whilst playing for the club.

When JR collected the YPOTY award on behalf of Maja he said what a fantastic lad he was, he had no problems with him & he came back to bring all the staff gifts to say thank you.

I know Donald said what he said on the podcast but he's thrown afew players under the bus wrongly. Did the same with likes of Cattermole in pre season.

Canny chance we will be in the Premier in 5 years.

More of a chance we'll be in league 1 next year

Last edited by a moderator:
When JR collected the YPOTY award on behalf of Maja he said what a fantastic lad he was, he had no problems with him & he came back to bring all the staff gifts to say thank you.

I know Donald said what he said on the podcast but he's thrown afew players under the bus wrongly. Did the same with likes of Cattermole in pre season.

SD also said what a top lad he was.
He had no issues with him.
He probably thought safcs offer was good, but he's 20 making a massive choice, and a scary choice, moving to France. I don't doubt that he would have had to take a bit of time over it.
He's a young pup , I really think and hope he will do well.

He's on about 17 grand a week, there isn't one person on here who would reject that money to keep playing for us, he could do his cruciate next week and never play again.
I remember we had a thread saying 'If you played for Sunderland and were making £30,000 per week and got offered a chance to move to Barcelona for £100,000 per week would you sign for Barca.'

People actually said no, they'd stay here.:lol:

I remember we had a thread saying 'If you played for Sunderland and were making £30,000 per week and got offered a chance to move to Barcelona for £100,000 per week would you sign for Barca.'

People actually said no, they'd stay here.:lol:

Probably get more matches here rather get splinters in yer arse sat on the bench at Barca

It's not all about money ya kna

I know Donald has done a lot of good here but people seem to talk everything he says as gospel and shouldn't be questioned. I reckon both parties told some lies and told some truths. But it's done now and I wish Maja the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back