Maguire, thank you, honestly thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was very poor in his last 4 or 5 games - that was my view, seem to be the view of this board and seemingly the view of Jack Ross. Maguire undoubtedly has some talent - although it is getting exaggerated on here while he is out - but has a poor attitude - against Luton all he did was try to argue with the ref and him feigning injury leading up to their goal was a disgrace. I really can't see what is difficult to get your head around dropping a player who was playing badly.
I'd agree.

His talent is no more exaggerated in his absence than it was when the daft bastards proclaimed him King.

I think I'm right in saying he hasn't featured in 3 games now - Oxford he was dropped completely. I thought he might have featured last night but didn't. We dropped him early in the season and it seemed to give him a spark. There's getting dropped, and there's not being in the team for 3 weeks.

I'd agree.

His talent is no more exaggerated in his absence than it was when the daft bastards proclaimed him King.

I think I'm right in saying he hasn't featured in 3 games now - Oxford he was dropped completely. I thought he might have featured last night but didn't. We dropped him early in the season and it seemed to give him a spark. There's getting dropped, and there's not being in the team for 3 weeks.
I agree he should be considered now for the reasons you are saying - he'll be fired up. However, in 3 or 4 games he'll be a waste of space again. I'm sure he'll be back in soon but I'd get rid in the summer because we need more consistency. McGeady was tripe last night but most games he is probably our best player.

I agree he should be considered now for the reasons you are saying - he'll be fired up. However, in 3 or 4 games he'll be a waste of space again. I'm sure he'll be back in soon but I'd get rid in the summer because we need more consistency. McGeady was tripe last night but most games he is probably our best player.
Possibly/probably. I'd rotate the pair of them. I know he got that goal last week, but McGeady's been shite for a while anarl.

I'd agree.

This. He's creative and we are lacking at the minute.

Would play him ahead of McGeady on Friday however I'd suspect that Morgan is ahead of him in the pecking order now as well.

I'd have him on the bench as an impact sub but he shouldn't be in the starting line-up. I don't think he's the answer that people are saying he is. We're missing Maja up front. That's the problem. Hopefully Grigg can settle in grab a few goals.

He may be due a return to the side to see if he has any fire in his belly (like the last time he got dropped) but dropping him was warranted, he was not playing well at all.

Unsure of many of the managers he’s played under but I know our current manager is out of his depth. Think he should see the season out but if we aren’t a championship side he has to go. Given top 2 is looking more and more out of reach I just hope the manager can eventually settle and realise for himself the best 11 he has, we might just fluke the play off then.

Oh ye of little faith.
Ross should be given every chance to succeed and not be derided by pathetic comments like these.I can see him being a top manager and he has all the attributes to do so.
He has to work with the players that are at his disposal, not all new additions work immediately, some take time to get their confidence and it's a squad game and I think we will click.
Sunderland have been in dire need of a settled management team and structure for years, some have short memories of what has happened to us over the last few seasons.
It's a pleasure for me to see us scoring every game, I can remember long periods over the last 55 years where we couldn't score for toffee, but when we have clicked e.g. In 1963/64, 67/68,1973 and later under Jimmy Adamson , Dennis Smith Peter Reid and Allerdyce ,the atmosphere totally changed.
Due to our financial situation we're having to build slowly and we were unable to free ourselves of the top earners, Cattermole and Oviedo who need to move on. Jack Ross has been left with this legacy and to add players on free transfers and Bosmans since his arrival. He's been well supported by the new owners and is highly thought of in the game. We need to keep him. Yes, he's learning in what is a new league to him and having to sort out the mess that we were in, when he arrived.
You could hear the positivity in the crowd in the latter part of last night's game and to succeed we all need to pull together and support the Lads, that's what we've been famous for over the years, not this bed wetting crap.
Passion,pride and fight is what we need to create a cauldron type atmosphere and
'Our fame will spread from shore to shore' STID

Hmmm our resident 'expert' slagging off both Maguire and McGeady a few posts up this thread.

You can't teach quality. Both of the above have it in spades. They'll play their game whether it's in a nasty atmosphere of 28K or 2 blokes in the park. Confident in their ability, sharp, clever and a threat. They must both play as much as possible between now and the end of the season.

Hmmm our resident 'expert' slagging off both Maguire and McGeady a few posts up this thread.

You can't teach quality. Both of the above have it in spades. They'll play their game whether it's in a nasty atmosphere of 28K or 2 blokes in the park. Confident in their ability, sharp, clever and a threat. They must both play as much as possible between now and the end of the season.
personally thought these are the only two with any creativity. It wasn't a fluke we scored when he took of Wyke and swapped him for Maguire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back