Wyke average passes = 18.6
Mandron average passes = 19

Wyke key passes per 90 = 0.8
Mandron key passes per 90 = 1

Wyke aerial challenges per 90 = 9.6
Mandron aerial challenges per 90 = 8.7

Wyke aerial challenge win ratio = 47. 9%
Mandron aerial challenge win ratio = 43.7%
Very selective stats there mate. Not sure what Crewe’s defensive performance, as a function of goal difference, has to do with a mandron v Wyke comparison. None of them really detail how their link up play is operating either.

Why do you deflect with irrelevant questions?!?

I think my argument was that Wyke was feeding off scraps yesterday, and your argument was that he cost us dearly. Each to their own. At the moment I'm just trying not to get dragged down to your level.
Why do you question my irrelevant deflections?

Very selective stats there mate. Not sure what Crewe’s defensive performance, as a function of goal difference, has to do with a mandron v Wyke comparison. None of them really detail how their link up play is operating either.

If you mean selective as in posting every stat I have available you would be correct.

Mandron loses the ball more often per 90 and loses more aerial duels every game but will make up for that by competing 2% more passes per game.

He has has scored 12 goals less, partly because he can't hit a barn door, but at least he will get less than 0.05 assists per 90 to make up for that shortfall.

Why do you deflect with irrelevant questions?!?

I think my argument was that Wyke was feeding off scraps yesterday, and your argument was that he cost us dearly. Each to their own. At the moment I'm just trying not to get dragged down to your level.
Anar, it's weird. There have been many many matches where he hasn't performed, but yesterday aside, none recently.

If you mean selective as in posting every stat I have available you would be correct.

Mandron loses the ball more often per 90 and loses more aerial duels every game but will make up for that by competing 2% more passes per game.

He has has scored 12 goals less, partly because he can't hit a barn door, but at least he will get less than 0.05 assists per 90 to make up for that shortfall.
Should perhaps supplement them with more representative stats 🤔

I’m not sure why there is an obsession with going to a back four: with the personnel we have a three is much more useful. We don’t have capable full backs, so three playing CB and using wing backs is the best option.

Is it just for traditions sake people seem hell bent on a flat back four?

I’m not sure why there is an obsession with going to a back four: with the personnel we have a three is much more useful. We don’t have capable full backs, so three playing CB and using wing backs is the best option.

Is it just for traditions sake people seem hell bent on a flat back four?

I wouldn't play a back three with Leadbitter in the team, and I'd play him, so that would be my reasoning.

Without him I think it becomes a more realistic proposition, bur for me it should be a 5-2-3 with two central midfielders. I think a back three/five suits all of our central midfielders excluding Leadbitter, as it gives them that extra freedom to get about the pitch.

It obviously protects our defensively weak full backs, too.

Last edited:
I’m not the one posting the stats pal, you wanted to, so you should be representative

If you don't like stats that don't suit your opinion then that isn't my fault im afraid.

If you have any to support your opinion, which I'm sure you do or you'd be basing your opinion on absolutely nothing, then feel free to post them. I'm totally open to anything that will indicate different results from other datasets for balance. It would take a total idiot not to.

As far as I can see, so far this season, this superior link up play Mandron has has ultimately contributed to him making less than one pass per 90 more than Wyke whilst losing the ball more often than Wyke. At a cost of 12 goals (over the course of approx 24 90's per player), or 11 goals including the one additional assist from Mandron.
I'm not convinced anybody need stats to know that Wyke has been transformed in 2021 in his all round game and with the most important stat of all.

Have you read this thread? 😂

Last edited:
I wouldn't play a back three with Leadbitter in the team, and I'd play him, so that would be my reasoning.

Without him I think it becomes a more realistic proposition, bur for me it should be a 5-2-3 with two central midfielders. I think a back three/five suits all of our central midfielders excluding Leadbitter, as it gives them that extra freedom to get about the pitch.

It obviously protects our defensively weak full backs, too.

fair enough, but GL wasn’t playing yesterday: I have no idea why he changed something that was working to go back to something that hasn’t been.

343 hasn’t been a bad move but people seem reticent to stick with it.

fair enough, but GL wasn’t playing yesterday: I have no idea why he changed something that was working to go back to something that hasn’t been.

343 hasn’t been a bad move but people seem reticent to stick with it.

As I said in the OP, I was a bit disappointed we didn't stick with the three at the back yesterday. It would have made even more sense with them playing two up front. Even the players on the pitch could have lined up that way.

Does Lee Johnson actually have a preferred formation or is he a mixer?
What about the fact we’ve been top 2 for zero days since Wykes debut? Pretty much proves my point that we won’t go up with him up front

Have we been top two with any of these players?

Last edited:
What about the fact we’ve been top 2 for zero days since Wykes debut? Pretty much proves my point that we won’t go up with him up front
I mean, that’s a very general statement that you could use as proof for literally anything. But I’ll just go with the fact that we don’t need to be top 2 to go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back