Macca at Glastonbury 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whee else is on like?

Not confirmed yet but Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift are huge odds on.

Obviously not to everyone's taste but it's about as high quality as you're gonna get with how diverse Glastonbury likes to make their headliners. One of the most famous musicians of all time, one of the biggest pop stars in the world and one of the best musicians from hip hop.

Imagine a setlist, consisting of tunes hes wrote, like this,

Back in the USSR
Get Back
Love Me do
Cant buy me love
8 days a week
drive my car
Helter Skelta
Penny Lane
Hello Goodbye
When im 64
little help from my friends
let it be
yesterday
eleanor rigby
paperback writer
i saw her standing there
Hey Jude

Be the greatest setlist any festival has ever seen

There’s a couple of songs I’d leave out of that list personally, and would put his share of the Abbey Road medley in - You Never Give Me Your Money, She Came In Through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End.

There’s a couple of songs I’d leave out of that list personally, and would put his share of the Abbey Road medley in - You Never Give Me Your Money, She Came In Through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End.

yeah it’s subjective undoubtedly.

I was just going for the real big hitters.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here, but I reckon that Glastonbury may also book current and contemporary bands to headline other stages / nights.

The worlds most famous festival, here in Britain, books the most famous, successful ( and also British ) artist on the planet to headline their main stage on a saturday night.

Aye, hideous booking :oops:

Give over man, had his biggest hits before the festival even started, he's done nowt for 40 years fact.

Back in the USSR
Get Back
Love Me do
Cant buy me love
8 days a week
drive my car
Helter Skelta
Penny Lane
Hello Goodbye
When im 64
let it be
yesterday
eleanor rigby
paperback writer
i saw her standing there
Hey Jude

Aye imagine that set list to a festival the majority of which will be in their 20s - 40s, songs from 20 - 30 years before they were born. Amazing....

He can't even sing any more, legends slot yes, headline nope

Last edited:
Give over man, had his biggest hits before the festival even started, he's done nowt for 40 years fact.
Aye imagine that set list to a festival the majority of which will be in their 20s - 40s, songs from 20 - 30 years before they were born. Amazing....
He can't even sing any more, legends slot yes, headline nope

so in order to enjoy and appreciate something you have to have been born or around at that time ? People can’t enjoy films, art or football wins unless they were present at that time ? Madness to believe that.

it is an undeniable fact, a complete and utter truth that the man is a musical and cultural icon. He has created a body of work that not one man on this planet, from any genre of art can touch.
He is one of the most talented men, from any occupation the world has produced. It is simply impossible to understate his importance to popular culture

legends slot FFS, imagine anybody playing higher on the bill than Paul f***ing McCartney

so in order to enjoy and appreciate something you have to have been born or around at that time ? People can’t enjoy films, art or football wins unless they were present at that time ? Madness to believe that.

it is an undeniable fact, a complete and utter truth that the man is a musical and cultural icon. He has created a body of work that not one man on this planet, from any genre of art can touch.
He is one of the most talented men, from any occupation the world has produced. It is simply impossible to understate his importance to popular culture

legends slot FFS, imagine anybody playing higher on the bill than Paul f***ing McCartney

I'm not saying ou have to have been around. Do tell though what's he gonna do different to when he headlined in 2004? All his new hits?
The Beatles were amazing but if they were never given a headline slot in the years they were all alive, why should we be convinced the last remaining member is an amazing booking when he did it last less than 20 years ago?

I'm not saying ou have to have been around. Do tell though what's he gonna do different to when he headlined in 2004? All his new hits?
The Beatles were amazing but if they were never given a headline slot in the years they were all alive, why should we be convinced the last remaining member is an amazing booking when he did it last less than 20 years ago?
Alas poor Ringo, nobody even noticed he was ill.

Back in the USSR
Get Back
Love Me do
Cant buy me love
8 days a week
drive my car
Helter Skelta
Penny Lane
Hello Goodbye
When im 64
let it be
yesterday
eleanor rigby
paperback writer
i saw her standing there
Hey Jude

Ringo sings With a Little From my Friends

Ringo sings With a Little From my Friends
Paul's been singing Something lately.
As if anyone there is listening, they're all singing along.
True.
Ya tend to find those that struggle a bit vocally sound a lot better (or at least seem to) when you're there in front of the speakers anarl, instead of just listening through the TV.

Last edited:
As if anyone there is listening, they're all singing along.
Aye ya reet like.

Some of them don’t even realise mate, they simply wouldn’t know.

Last edited:

Disagree.
it works really well on the yuke... normally teamed up with here today (for john)...
Just listening now - pleased they've broken into the full song at last. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back