Macca at Glastonbury 2020

Thing is say he plays the Saturday night. You’ll have had a few nights on the piss and likely seen quite a few new bands. Most wont stray down the pyramid all weekend so nip down and have a sing along with your mates to some Beatles tunes sang by Sir Paul. It’ll be a right night that man.

I think it will be fantastic. One I'll definitley be watching in my sitting room.

if McCartney decides that for his allotted time slot, he’s going to just play his biggest, most loved and successful songs, it’ll be the best set list Glastonbury (or any other stage)
Will have witnessed.
I saw him in Glasgow last year. He was fantastic. People can say his voice has gone but there were still people crying when he played Let it be or Hey Jude. He's got a great band and the best songs. Im not going but my son is and Im chuffed he'll be able to a Beatle even though he's clearly not in his prime.

How about this for a 50th Glastonbury Anniversary wishful "Beatles" line-up:

Ringo - drums
Macca - bass
Julian Lennon - guitars/piano
Dhani Harrison - guitars

Worth a £10 flutter, maybe?

Ringo - drums
Macca - bass
Dhani Harrison - guitars

Maybe with another guitarist as back up, David Gilmour.

How much does Glastonbury actually pay the headliners? Eavis has said they can't afford Fleetwood Mac, they want too much money.

The Stones got about 250k in 2013 which is peanuts to what other festivals pay.

Ringo - drums
Macca - bass
Dhani Harrison - guitars

Ringo is in America I think that weekend on tour

I saw him in Glasgow last year. He was fantastic. People can say his voice has gone but there were still people crying when he played Let it be or Hey Jude. He's got a great band and the best songs. Im not going but my son is and Im chuffed he'll be able to a Beatle even though he's clearly not in his prime.
The simple answer is just don’t go if you don’t want to. If you’re pushed for stuff to do at Glastonbury then it’s not your thing so nowt is going to be for you. I’d be amazed if you can’t stand down at the pyramid and enjoy yourself singing along.

Ringo - drums
Macca - bass
Dhani Harrison - guitars

It’ll be a massive Beatles best of By Sir Paul on piano and so it should be. I hope he nails it. What a great way to celebrate such a legend as him playing the greatest festival on the planet. I hope he nails it. The Beatles are one of the best things to come out of this country and I can’t think of a better way to show the world how utterly f***ing brilliant this little country is. We’re the envy of the world for the art, music and literature we have produced.

Last edited:
Can’t remember much about it mate. What was the problem?

Personally I think it does make a difference. Look at someone like James Brown. Absolute scumbag in real life but by fuck he was good. Lennon was an absolute twat but fuck me id love to see him play

just thought he was very poor and up his own arse mate. Not a fan.

maybe I should try again without 15 cans etc in me n see what I think.
😂 I’ve done loads of stuff like that mate. I accidentally spilled a pint on a blokes Panama hat at a stones gig and had he a huff over it. It’s all about your night. Don’t let it put you off.

I've got a funny feeling that Ringo will join him for a few songs and John and George will be hologram projected like Tupac was at Coachella a few years ago.

Hmm, probably - but he did it with Lennon, and he's been pretty crap without him ever since.

Dylan did it himself and has had critically acclaimed albums across five decades.
In fairness they were both never the same individually although some of Wings stuff is decent.
After the early days The Beatles tended to write individually though so although labelled Lennon & McCartney the songs were usually wrote by one or the other. Anyway as I said we're talking actual sales and really no act comes close.
Having said that you're preaching to the converted regarding Dylan.

Back