Macca at Glastonbury 2020

Hideous booking, done nowt for nigh on 40 year man
I've seen him a couple of times in the last few years and he was brilliant. He has a brilliant band and plays a set that Beatles fans would want. There will always be cynics and naysayers but the times I've seen people have loved it and been moved.

I've seen him a couple of times in the last few years and he was brilliant. He has a brilliant band and plays a set that Beatles fans would want. There will always be cynics and naysayers but the times I've seen people have loved it and been moved.
Saw him in 2003 and only after the end of the concert did I conclude that he was a fantastic songwriter. How the hell can one person produce so many great songs?

I would be happy with one! But this has continued to elude me.

I went there with a very open mind but what a fecking arrogant arsehole. Some good tunes doesnt change that.
I saw him in 2004 and genuinely don't get what you're on about re him and his performance that night. Thought he was great tbh and his voice was still in good nick at the time.

Just goes to show how different people see completely different things from the same event.

You can't win can you? If he'd crossed his arms and said "I'm not playing you those old Beatles songs, I'm sick of them." he'd be called all sorts.

He happily gives people exactly what they want for years, despite not needing the money and he's still pulled to bits.

Clearly he knows folk aren't as enamoured by his output after the Beatles, yet he doesn't mind. I think that's the sign of a decent bloke. Some would have went in a huff for the last thirty or so years.

Last edited:
I'm the biggest Beatles fan going, but I get a bit concerned about McCartney live these days because his voice has gone, I sometimes think he should just chuck it.
The thing is he was a vastly underrated singer in his day.

Hideous booking, done nowt for nigh on 40 year man

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here, but I reckon that Glastonbury may also book current and contemporary bands to headline other stages / nights.

The worlds most famous festival, here in Britain, books the most famous, successful ( and also British ) artist on the planet to headline their main stage on a saturday night.

Aye, hideous booking :oops:

Imagine a setlist, consisting of tunes hes wrote, like this,

Back in the USSR
Get Back
Love Me do
Cant buy me love
8 days a week
drive my car
Helter Skelta
Penny Lane
Hello Goodbye
When im 64