Lynden Gooch..

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't been a miss in the slightest

That's the point

We have injuries but people using him and McNair being missing as an excuse. Laughable

Good news. Top lad he is. Hopefully play him in the right position this time.

He's not great like sorry

He started half decent against Man City but then faded a bit more in every game until he was looking really poor by the time he got injured.

Hopefully he's recharged his batteries and will come back a bit better than before

Not sure why he seemed to fall out of favour after the first 4 or 5 games. He never let us down and showed some promise. Calm on the ball and looked better centrally. I'd be starting him as soon as he is fully fit (lets not rush another one back), more of the youths in the better - at least they will work their arses off.

He puts himself about and hes got a good engine but lacks quality.

But its another body so welcome back lyndon.

Not sure why he seemed to fall out of favour after the first 4 or 5 games. He never let us down and showed some promise. Calm on the ball and looked better centrally. I'd be starting him as soon as he is fully fit (lets not rush another one back), more of the youths in the better - at least they will work their arses off.

He's a young experienced kid so I'm not being horrible but there was one game he played shocking - at a Khazri-v-Arsenal- like low level. Gave the ball away all game, got booked, didn't work for him and rightly Moyes took him out of the firing line. However he is very quick - which hopefully he plays further forward to give us runners and a threat / and he generally had physical strength, confidence and a great positive attitude so any Sunderland fans moaning about us having a player back fit can do one.

He's a young experienced kid so I'm not being horrible but there was one game he played shocking - at a Khazri-v-Arsenal- like low level. Gave the ball away all game, got booked, didn't work for him and rightly Moyes took him out of the firing line. However he is very quick - which hopefully he plays further forward to give us runners and a threat / and he generally had physical strength, confidence and a great positive attitude so any Sunderland fans moaning about us having a player back fit can do one.
He's young so have to expect the odd stinker now and again! I'm not trying to big him up to be the next big thing but I definitely think he could prove to be a Premier League regular in the future. We could do with his pace down the wing ATM, we've missed that since Watmore got injured.

He's young so have to expect the odd stinker now and again! I'm not trying to big him up to be the next big thing but I definitely think he could prove to be a Premier League regular in the future. We could do with his pace down the wing ATM, we've missed that since Watmore got injured.

Agreed. I'm just saying that's why he took him out of the side at one point.

give the lad a chance, has shown promise and needs games....would rather him in there looking for the ball, making tackles and getting around the pitch than Rodwell who has a good game every 30!

p.s. I know he isn't match fit but when he is back and ready to be picked etc

Probably just a too much too soon sort of thing. His performances did gradually drop off but then again the same can be said for the rest of them following the optimism of the opening game at City

Hope he does well purely cos hes been an absolute gent the 2 times hes met my little lad. Fantastic role model.

As opposed to Kone and Love who he met too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back