Lynden Gooch..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should really give the kid a chance.

I see him as a number 10 or the focal point of a midfield three!

Agreed. Seems to play deeper for us though. Don't understand why

Tough league the Championship, dunno if we'd be able to throw too many kids in at the same time, but I think Maja and Asoro are promising as well, if not a bit raw and lightweight.

We'd definitely have to add some grit and experience too. We do seem to have some promising youngsters at the club though. Could be the making of them

The one thing that has impressed me with Gooch has been his tackling. You don't have to be big to be a DM e.g. Makalele, Kante. Just food for thought.

I may not be a great scout of a player however I can see the difference between someone who gives two shits about sunderland AFC and this lad is clearly one of them. Take him and the other kids over the likes of khazri lens borini djilobodji kone etc etc any day!!

I think he has good potential.

He's look decent at times and has not long turned 21 so there's plenty time for him to get better.

People are too quick to write young lads off who if we weren't in the predicament we are in with injuries probably wouldn't be starting.

He's only started dm for us hasn't he? I know that's not his position, came on left wing it looked at West Ham?

I may not be a great scout of a player however I can see the difference between someone who gives two shits about sunderland AFC and this lad is clearly one of them. Take him and the other kids over the likes of khazri lens borini djilobodji kone etc etc any day!!

This, sick of people slagging the young lads off, Honeyman was our best player at the weekend, yet he got slagged. Do they think its easy playing with 9 buckets of shit and Defoe?

He's far from the finished product, but he looks confident and comfortable on the ball and works hard. Before he got injured and we were playing him out wide I thought he was doing very well in covering for PVA, like Borini the season before - a lot of hard work that went unnoticed to most but helped PVA play to his strengths.

What does he do?

Another player people were gettimg carried away with despite doing fuck all

When he came over from the US ,he was a striker I think . Don't reasonably okay ,if so ,as he was central or wide midfield this season .

Good news. Top lad he is. Hopefully play him in the right position this time.

What is his right position ,genuine question . I thought he was a striker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back