Lyle Taylor reveals why he rejected Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe him, I do think we played a very dangerous game in the summer by not going that little bit extra for a few players like Taylor who could have made the difference with automatic promotion.

Only time will tell whether we pay for it but I’m sure lessons have been learn from last summer, and I have faith with the management, recruitment team and owners that they will have.

Bottom line with Taylor, he is good and we should have went that little bit more to push it over the line.
We went further than Charlton. The reality is, he didn’t come here because he wanted to stay closer to home. He’s already admitted that. He seems to be trying to get at us presumably in the hope or making himself seem relevant.

At one point we asked for a couple of hundred quid for something and they were quibbling over it, despite paying this player £35,000 a week and another £25,000 a week.

So in the end I thought, ‘I’ll take less money at Charlton’

He comes across as a right bell end there mind. Surely he was aware of our financial position at the time? What was so trivial that he doesn't feel needs embellishing with any further detail, yet became a deal-breaker? Sounds to me like he's tried to take the piss and been rightly told to fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back