Lying on your CV

Would be a great approach. Lie on your CV and just think 'someone on the SMB will know'.:lol:

Just checking whether anyone on here could help a uh, mate out with a bit of info?

If the craniotomy's gone fine, but you're then having trouble getting through the parietal lobe and into the occipital lobe, are there any tricks?

Could really do with a quick answer on this one, or its all going to get a bit nasty.

No, one place went bust after I'd been there 3 months, another were arseholes and we went our separate ways after 8 days :)
I was listening to Kurt Russell today on the radio and he got a famous role for telling the director he didn't like reading out loud so wouldn't be reading the script, he got the role because the director saw his honesty and the role required honesty as a main trait. Kurt didn't even know and wondered how he was offered the role.

I am a decent person and always fair.
This individual had numerous chances, support and was an issue in the team.
He had to go. The remaining team all supported the decision.
Apart from being crap he stunk of BO and was told of that twice as other people had mentioned it.
Leave Rodwell alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost assume it to be the case on sales CV's. If they have particularly big claims you can reference against pay cheques and commission amounts, but usually it gets accepted if the interview backs it up

I told a small lie to get my job like. Basically I desperately needed a job because the missus was pregnant and I needed to be in Sunderland. I'd previously been doing work on prequalification documents (submissions to get the company on tender lists) with a fair bit of success at my old company. A job came up doing the same thing, decent pay (better than a lot of the other jobs I'd been going for, I'd have literally taken anything), I knew I could do the job, and it would let me move to Sunderland, it was the perfect fit for me. Only thing is one of the requirements was that you must be good at using InDesign, as that was the package they used to produce their documentation.

Needless to say when someone phoned me about the job I said I'd used it extensively in my old job, and I put on my CV that all our submissions at the old place were produced on InDesign. I'd never heard of it, we'd produced everything on PowerPoint.

Long story short I was bricking it but I managed to download a trial version of InDesign, watched some YouTube videos on how to use it, and produced a "why I want to work for this company" document on InDesign which I took to my interview. They were impressed that I'd taken the time to produce something, I got the job, the baby got food on the table and I've been there for years. I knew I could do the job so it wasn't a huge lie, but sometimes you have to embellish the truth to get your foot in the door

I told a small lie to get my job like. Basically I desperately needed a job because the missus was pregnant and I needed to be in Sunderland. I'd previously been doing work on prequalification documents (submissions to get the company on tender lists) with a fair bit of success at my old company. A job came up doing the same thing, decent pay (better than a lot of the other jobs I'd been going for, I'd have literally taken anything), I knew I could do the job, and it would let me move to Sunderland, it was the perfect fit for me. Only thing is one of the requirements was that you must be good at using InDesign, as that was the package they used to produce their documentation.

Needless to say when someone phoned me about the job I said I'd used it extensively in my old job, and I put on my CV that all our submissions at the old place were produced on InDesign. I'd never heard of it, we'd produced everything on PowerPoint.

Long story short I was bricking it but I managed to download a trial version of InDesign, watched some YouTube videos on how to use it, and produced a "why I want to work for this company" document on InDesign which I took to my interview. They were impressed that I'd taken the time to produce something, I got the job, the baby got food on the table and I've been there for years. I knew I could do the job so it wasn't a huge lie, but sometimes you have to embellish the truth to get your foot in the door
Good on you. You did learn it before your job started so you had put the effort in. It's amazing what you can do when you really have to.

Good on you. You did learn it before your job started so you had put the effort in. It's amazing what you can do when you really have to.

Aye, I was anxious at first like, the agency phoned me out of the blue and asked if I could use it, didn't want to fuck the chance up there and then so just said aye but was worried in case I couldn't find a trial version of the package (and the full version cost a few hundred quid which I didn't have and couldnt afford with the littleun on the way, would have been wounded if I'd scraped the money together and still not got the job)! When I first loaded it my heart sank because it looked that complicated. Thankfully it was okay. I wouldn't have taken the job if I couldn't learn it first like, figured if I looked and couldn't find it I'd have to phone with some excuse why I couldn't come to interview, but certainly wasn't going to be honest and pass up the chance to try and pick it up

Going through something very similar myself right now.

:lol:

Lie to get a £100k job and then sub contract to an Indian bloke for 25k to do the work... like that bloke did in America
tbf if that was the californian developer he did it with several jobs and was making a mint he was also proof reading there code. He wasn't caught on quality he was caught out by weird i.p addresses. I'm sure he was more than capable of doing the job

Back