LVCC Durham v Notts

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a difference it makes having a competitor like colly in charge. We might get the odd warks style thrashing, everyone does, but every other time we're gonna be in your faces competing fiercely

I predicted Durham to be Champions pre season and think we have a chance as I think what people overlook is that England isnt really a factor for us this year. Despite the fact we have lost the likes of MDV, Blacky etc, the likes of Onions, Mustard, Borthwick, Stokes will play a full season and that has never happened before.

I also believe we have a good blend of experience and youth and a battery of seamers which will give us the opportunity to take 20 wickets in some games to pick up the 6 or 7 wins usually needed to win the CC.

I predicted Durham to be Champions pre season and think we have a chance as I think what people overlook is that England isnt really a factor for us this year. Despite the fact we have lost the likes of MDV, Blacky etc, the likes of Onions, Mustard, Borthwick, Stokes will play a full season and that has never happened before.

I also believe we have a good blend of experience and youth and a battery of seamers which will give us the opportunity to take 20 wickets in some games to pick up the 6 or 7 wins usually needed to win the CC.

If we can bat like we did at TB, we certainly have a chance

Last year was unusually low in numbers of wins needed like

Ironically that would have suited us if we hadn't taken the first half of the season off

I suspect we'll have a much drier summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back