LVCC Durham v Notts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensational batting and great work from Colly by shifting the batting about. However, Id also say we let them get too many runs at the end.

Sensational batting and great work from Colly by shifting the batting about. However, Id also say we let them get too many runs at the end.

Sometimes it just happens. Swann is a quality batsman when his eye is in

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2013/content/story/633690.html

Great article on the Day's events, a few things I've taken from it though which I feel are worth a mention.....

The aggression of the Durham openers appeared to leave Nottinghamshire shell-shocked. Stuart Broad, captain of England's T20 side, persisted in bowling short in conditions where it was inappropriate

Where have we heard that before? Persisting with something that isn't working because he either isn't clever enough to notice he needs to change or perhaps more the fact he's too pig-headed to admit he's wrong.

Swann will feel the pain of this defeat more than most. Not only did he produce his highest Championship score for five years, but he also produced his best Championship bowling figures since his Test debut in December 2008

His figures were still pretty shite, alright he got 4 wickets but his run rate was up at 8 and the damage had pretty much been done. I'd be more interested - or worried if you're an England fan - with his first innings figures of 0-90 from 34 overs when Durham were batting 'properly'.

They seemed to have done the hard work on the final day, with their final pair of Swann and Shazad resisting for 22.3 overs to add 75 runs and apparently make the game safe. Swann's leg before dismissal, which he clearly felt was unjust, was a crucial moment.

Seems we got a slice of luck in the end then, of course I haven't seen the video but had we not struck that over we really wouldn't have stood a chance.

All in all, a f***ing unreal win. :)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2013/content/story/633690.html

Great article on the Day's events, a few things I've taken from it though which I feel are worth a mention.....

Where have we heard that before? Persisting with something that isn't working because he either isn't clever enough to notice he needs to change or perhaps more the fact he's too pig-headed to admit he's wrong.

His figures were still pretty shite, alright he got 4 wickets but his run rate was up at 8 and the damage had pretty much been done. I'd be more interested - or worried if you're an England fan - with his first innings figures of 0-90 from 34 overs when Durham were batting 'properly'.

Seems we got a slice of luck in the end then, of course I haven't seen the video but had we not struck that over we really wouldn't have stood a chance.

All in all, a f***ing unreal win. :)

We got that bonus 3 overs too... Meant we could relax really after the blitz. Maybe 1 more over in the field and we'd have been chasing 190 off 20 and the pressure would have been too much

I've just got home from the Notts game and I'm having a beer or two to wind down after seeing an incredible last session. I've never seen anything like that in a championship match before, and I don't think I will again, nor have I seen an away ground empty of home support so quickly before the game has ended.

What makes it all the more remarkable is that Notts had 5 men on the boundary right from the start and Mustard and Stoneman played proper cricket shots, they were a different class today.

The Notts bowlers were blown aside in what can only be described as an onslaught from our openers, Read even sent Fletcher off the field after bowling two overs for 25 and replaced him with a younger fitter sub fielder.

I'd sat there all day full of hope but i'd given up thinking we could win once it took us so long to break the last pair, even with a dead lifeless pitch I thought their lead was beyond us. It just goes to show how you can sit and watch a game for 3-3/4 days and not see that finish coming.

I've got to say I thought every one of the team played a part in that win, it was bloody hard work for the seamers but they all stuck at it and picked up wickets, the two spinners did there part and took wickets, and the batting in both innings from everyone was fantastic, and very little sleep last night makes today's win even more remarkable.

I've just got home from the Notts game and I'm having a beer or two to wind down after seeing an incredible last session. I've never seen anything like that in a championship match before, and I don't think I will again, nor have I seen an away ground empty of home support so quickly before the game has ended.

What makes it all the more remarkable is that Notts had 5 men on the boundary right from the start and Mustard and Stoneman played proper cricket shots, they were a different class today.

The Notts bowlers were blown aside in what can only be described as an onslaught from our openers, Read even sent Fletcher off the field after bowling two overs for 25 and replaced him with a younger fitter sub fielder.

I'd sat there all day full of hope but i'd given up thinking we could win once it took us so long to break the last pair, even with a dead lifeless pitch I thought their lead was beyond us. It just goes to show how you can sit and watch a game for 3-3/4 days and not see that finish coming.

I've got to say I thought every one of the team played a part in that win, it was bloody hard work for the seamers but they all stuck at it and picked up wickets, the two spinners did there part and took wickets, and the batting in both innings from everyone was fantastic, and very little sleep last night makes today's win even more remarkable.

Brilliant stuff Harry, one of very few to see perhaps our finest ever win!

Good work Harry. Was there many Durham fans there over the four days? Sounded on the commentary like there was quite a few in today, based on the volume of the cheers as the ball went to the boundary time after time :)

Good work Harry. Was there many Durham fans there over the four days? Sounded on the commentary like there was quite a few in today, based on the volume of the cheers as the ball went to the boundary time after time :)

Yes, Notts is always popular for Durham fans, and at the end of todays play I think we outnumbered the home support.

Yes, Notts is always popular for Durham fans, and at the end of todays play I think we outnumbered the home support.

Love Trent Bridge myself, just couldn't commit to this one. Do intend on getting to atleast one away this season though.

Lovely post :)

Kinda day that makes you think success in one form or other is just around the corner

My money's on the latter.

Thanks for the report, wish I could have been there myself. Did you get caught up in the fire too then?

Will the rest of the season go the same way as the first 4 games? I don't think the blood pressure could stand it. At least we're top though, unlike another team we all follow I could mention!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back