LVCC Durham v Notts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very quick turn around for next championship match starting at Trent Bridge on Monday. This means eight days cricket in nine with the spare day being a travelling day.
Be interesting if they stick to the same batting line up in the same order. Also will they want give Thorp a break, can't be easy at his age to play that much cricket in just over a week. The one thing we do have in the squad is pace bowling options.

In Collingwoods post match Yorks interview he mentions Mark Wood being considered for the Notts game. I would think he'll come for Borthwick if his finger is still injured, or replace Thorp if Borthwick is fit.

In Collingwoods post match Yorks interview he mentions Mark Wood being considered for the Notts game. I would think he'll come for Borthwick if his finger is still injured, or replace Thorp if Borthwick is fit.

Harry if Borthwick is not fit and the decide they need a spinner who do you reckon they would go with Breese or Pringle. I say those as i believe they are the only other two spinners in the squad and that looking at the scorecard Pringle got a few wickets for seconds down at Essex.

Harry if Borthwick is not fit and the decide they need a spinner who do you reckon they would go with Breese or Pringle. I say those as i believe they are the only other two spinners in the squad and that looking at the scorecard Pringle got a few wickets for seconds down at Essex.

Smith, unfortunately.

I'd rather go Breese, what's more - he can score runs at about 7 or 8 too.

I'd personally go for -

Stoneman
Jennings
Richardson
Benkenstein
Stokes
Collingwood
Mustard
Borthwick/Breese (depending on fitness)
Wood
Onions
Rushworth

Of course it won't be. However I'm really looking forward to this, I'm off work this week and will no doubt tune into as much of the commentary as I can. Just a shame I can't go down there because I love Trent Bridge. Class venue and excellent for a night out too!

They've for Swann back. I'm hoping Broad snaps his Achilles when running in to bowl his first delivery.

I think Wood will be the only change, replacing Borthwick if he's not fit and If he is, then Thorp will miss out.

None of the second 11 batsmen have scored enough runs to merit a place and that includes Richardson who's struggling more than most.

I went down to Trent Bridge a couple of seasons ago with the bairn and Wood played brilliantly against Notts. Last man standing with Brathwaite and bowled well. Didnt he then play well last season against them?

Great ground BTW.

I went down to Trent Bridge a couple of seasons ago with the bairn and Wood played brilliantly against Notts. Last man standing with Brathwaite and bowled well. Didnt he then play well last season against them?

Great ground BTW.

He won the game last season with a 5 wicket performance. I was sat at the gate by the dressing room and he had the biggest smile you're ever likely to see when they walked off at the end, he blew the Notts middle/ lower order away that day and deserved all the credit for what was an unlikely win.

From Notts website- Nottinghamshire team (from): Ed Cowan, Alex Hales, Michael Lumb, James Taylor, Samit Patel, Steven Mullaney, Riki Wessels, Chris Read, Ajmal Shahzad, Stuart Broad, Graem Swann, Luke Fletcher, Harry Gurney

. Durham squad as yet unannounced -surprise,surprise! but take it it'll be same squad of 13 as last 3 games. I think Mark Wood will play but we won't know for certain 'til 11 are announced at the toss.

From Notts website- Nottinghamshire team (from): Ed Cowan, Alex Hales, Michael Lumb, James Taylor, Samit Patel, Steven Mullaney, Riki Wessels, Chris Read, Ajmal Shahzad, Stuart Broad, Graem Swann, Luke Fletcher, Harry Gurney

. Durham squad as yet unannounced -surprise,surprise! but take it it'll be same squad of 13 as last 3 games. I think Mark Wood will play but we won't know for certain 'til 11 are announced at the toss.

I'd think Mullaney and Gurney will miss out for them. Slight crumb of comfort that Adams is crocked!

Nottinghamshire have won the toss and will bat first.

Nottinghamshire team
AD Hales, EJM Cowan, MJ Lumb, JWA Taylor, SR Patel, CMW Read*†, SJ Mullaney, SCJ Broad, GP Swann, A Shahzad, LJ Fletcher

Durham team
MD Stoneman, WR Smith, DM Benkenstein, BA Stokes, PD Collingwood*, P Mustard†, SG Borthwick, GR Breese, G Onions, C Rushworth, MA Wood.

Bit tough on Jennings, Borthwick to bat at three in the order. Smith can't have got the nod over Jennings because of his part time off spin with two front line spinners in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back