LVCC D1 - Warwickshire v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates, cheers

If you have a smart phone, there's a couple of decent apps that update the scores.

The ECB one is the best like.

Massive innings for Smith. Needs to show he's got the ability to help us rather than hinder us by getting out cheaply. Why did we get rid of Coetzer for Christs sake.

Last edited:

If you have a smart phone, there's a couple of decent apps that update the scores.

The ECB one is the best like.

Massive innings for Smith. Needs to show he's got the ability to help us rather than hinder us by getting out cheaply. Why did we get rid of Coetzer for Christs sake.

Wouldn't start him before Rocky myself

....and thats why. 1 off 21 balls and out.

Last edited:
I really want to know what is going through Smith's head.

Does he really think that 3 runs off 40 balls is acceptable in any form of cricket?

Yeh he can say he is trying to save the game or accumulate runs but for me there is no excuse for how poor that is!

Yep. The boards for offering little to no investment to an aging playing squad for the longer format and spunking cash on the T20.

Stokes, Mustard, Onions, Borthwick etc were not exactly in crisis

Dont forget when the senior pros go will free up money to do a Notts and snap up the next James Taylor, Stuart Broad etc

Stokes, Mustard, Onions, Borthwick etc were not exactly in crisis

Dont forget when the senior pros go will free up money to do a Notts and snap up the next James Taylor, Stuart Broad etc

Will Smith isn't good enough. And IMO, Claydon and Thorp aren't great. We've gotten used to having a battery of very good seam bowlers that we've let standards slip. If one of those gets injured while Onions is on international duty then who is going to replace them? Rushworth and/or Brathwaite. Division 2 players.

And when Stokes goes on England duty, who is his replacement? Muchall?

Seriously lacking in depth.

Will Smith isn't good enough. And IMO, Claydon and Thorp aren't great. We've gotten used to having a battery of very good seam bowlers that we've let standards slip. If one of those gets injured while Onions is on international duty then who is going to replace them? Rushworth and/or Brathwaite. Division 2 players.

And when Stokes goes on England duty, who is his replacement? Muchall?

Seriously lacking in depth.

Thorp has 216 wickets at 26 in first class cricket, to suggest he isnt 'great' is harsh as any county would snap your hand off to have an opening bowler with those stats.

Smith is average. Agreed. Claydon wont win you a title but is no mug.

Plunkett needs to put his hand up and be counted and lead the attack with Onions.

Thorp has 216 wickets at 26 in first class cricket, to suggest he isnt 'great' is harsh as any county would snap your hand off to have an opening bowler with those stats.

Smith is average. Agreed. Claydon wont win you a title but is no mug.

Plunkett needs to put his hand up and be counted and lead the attack with Onions.

Thorp and Claydon are no mugs I agree, but compared to Davies, Harmison, Onions and Plunkett...

Plunkett doesn't need to lead the attack WITH Onions, he needs to lead the attack INSTEAD of Onions this summer.

All out for 139. Warks need 36 to win :-(

Chopra has felt sorry for us and chucked his bat onto his stumps :lol:

This. It boils my piss that any available money is being wasted on that shower of shit competition.

My sentiments too mate. I hate that T20 shit.

Heads must roll now after this, we haven't had one decent score in 6 Championship innings. Smith isn't good enough to open for us, Collingwood may be better suited further down the order and the likes of Stokes and Blackwell need to stand up and be counted with the bat this season.

Borthwick is a cracking prospect but can we really afford to play 2 spinners on pitches that are at this time of year more suited to seam? As bad as Plunkett was last year I think that number 8 slot is his for the taking.

For me, Stoneman has to be opener in the next game with Diva. There has also been calls for the likes of Richardson and Brathwaite to be given a chance......

One thing's for sure, if we don't buck our ideas up in the next game or two, we could find it difficult not to get drawn into a relegation battle.

Its not looking good for Durham. However its too early to tell if anything is going on or our bad patch is now.

whatever it is quite simply the team cant keep being named with the same people in it, something has to change. along the lines of what Brandon thinks my team for the somerset game would be:

MDV
Stoneman
Collingwood
Richardson (batsman only)
Benkenstein
Blackwell
Mustard
Plunkett
Onions/Brathwaite (England)
Thorp
Claydon

Stokes is on lions duty, smith and borthwick just arent cutting it ATM. Inevitable changes.

the only way Colly is in is because we are no doubt paying him a fortune and it is a shoe in that he will therefore play - not that he deserves his place.

I'd take gamble on richardson at 4 as i saw him play at headingley last year when he batted brilliantly when The colonel was out. Not sure if number 4 is a bit high for him though.

thoughts?

My sentiments too mate. I hate that T20 shit.

Heads must roll now after this, we haven't had one decent score in 6 may be better suited further down the order and the likes of Stokes and Blackwell need to stand up and be counted with the bat this season.

Borthwick is a cracking prospect but can we really afford to play 2 spinners on pitches that are at this time of year more suited to seam? As bad as Plunkett was last year I think that number 8 slot is his for the taking.

For me, Stoneman has to be opener in the next game with Diva. There has also been calls for the likes of Richardson and Brathwaite to be given a chance......

One thing's for sure, if we don't buck our ideas up in the next game or two, we could find it difficult not to get drawn into a relegation battle.

This. Diva, Rocky, Stokes, Blackwell? Benks, Collingwood for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back