LVCC D1 - Warwickshire v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

A great day of Championship Cricket really. Felt at 75-3 just before Lunch we were looking decent after being inserted. Then Benk fell and we folded like a pack of cards after Lunch - Onions aside.

Another great start with the new ball for us and at 17-4 a HUGE appeal for LBW by Onions on Maddy was turned down, after that they got away from us. Was vital to break that partnership before Close but could have been so much better had Diva not dropped Bell from the last ball of the day - although a few said it didn't carry.

That leaves them 40 off behind with 5 wickets left. They have the advantage but after our woeful batting I'd have taken this at Close.

Hopefully there'll be a bit of moisture around early tomorrow so we can nip a few out sharp. I'd settle for 200 all out to be fair, especially if, like today, batting gets easier in the afternoon. A lead of 250 in the fourth innings is defendable.

Ha'way Durham!

A great day of Championship Cricket really. Felt at 75-3 just before Lunch we were looking decent after being inserted. Then Benk fell and we folded like a pack of cards after Lunch - Onions aside.

Another great start with the new ball for us and at 17-4 a HUGE appeal for LBW by Onions on Maddy was turned down, after that they got away from us. Was vital to break that partnership before Close but could have been so much better had Diva not dropped Bell from the last ball of the day - although a few said it didn't carry.

That leaves them 40 off behind with 5 wickets left. They have the advantage but after our woeful batting I'd have taken this at Close.

Hopefully there'll be a bit of moisture around early tomorrow so we can nip a few out sharp. I'd settle for 200 all out to be fair, especially if, like today, batting gets easier in the afternoon. A lead of 250 in the fourth innings is defendable.

Ha'way Durham!
I think you will be proved right. The first session on any day of a CC match is a minefield.

Another great start with the new ball for us and at 17-4 a HUGE appeal for LBW by Onions on Maddy was turned down, after that they got away from us.

Ha'way Durham!

much like last game at 2-3.

if its not the rain against us its the umpires!!

Seems as though Ian Bell is responding postively to his critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back