LV:CC Div 1 - Durham v Notts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance today, but massive target and nee chance without a big big stand

I stayed until the bitter end and will be back for more tomorrow morning. Everytime Durham look at a team sheet and see Adams on it we go weak at the knees.

Absolutely dreadful batting performance from Durham but perhaps some good will come of it because if anyone was getting carried away with our chances this season then they have just been brought back down to earth.

I think its coming towards a time where something has to be done about Harmison so that we can free up some money for a top overseas batsman, however for now thats all I would add to the team.

I'm down at Middlesex next Friday and Saturday but expect that the only change personnel wise will be Collingwood in for either Rocky or Smith, I suspect the former.

Not the start we wanted.

Finally how gutted will Notts be having to stay over for another night, particularly when it could all be over tomorrow at 11.01am?

I stayed until the bitter end and will be back for more tomorrow morning. Everytime Durham look at a team sheet and see Adams on it we go weak at the knees.

Absolutely dreadful batting performance from Durham but perhaps some good will come of it because if anyone was getting carried away with our chances this season then they have just been brought back down to earth.

I think its coming towards a time where something has to be done about Harmison so that we can free up some money for a top overseas batsman, however for now thats all I would add to the team.

I'm down at Middlesex next Friday and Saturday but expect that the only change personnel wise will be Collingwood in for either Rocky or Smith, I suspect the former.

Not the start we wanted.

Finally how gutted will Notts be having to stay over for another night, particularly when it could all be over tomorrow at 11.01am?

should have done the decent think and declared

Not the start we wanted.

Clearly we've had more than enough cash, we just chose to spunk it on 2020

Surely 80-90% of fans would rather see us win the title?

Clearly we've had more than enough cash, we just chose to spunk it on 2020

Surely 80-90% of fans would rather see us win the title?
Yes they would. No member that I ever talk to places any sort of emphasis on the limited overs stuff. Everyone wants the CC.

Saw this mornings play. No demons in the pitch at all, flat as a fart and makes it even more disappointing how the top order batted. If we'd opened this morning for 5 instead of for 9 we would have won.

Onwards and upwards.

Players have been kept back for extra training after the match.

We have produced two class batsman in ten years, id suggest more money wasted there
If Stokes is included in your two remember that he was a product of Cumbria really. We pinched him from under the noses of Lancashire who werent overly pleased with us.

There seems to be a bit of a restructuring going on within the Durham Academy regarding the way good players are found and filtered through the system. Its also being mooted that the DCB may be put in charge of all junior cricket in Durham.

My lad is part of a programme that is starting to identify and filter out the talent from as young as 10. In fact one of the lads is only 7.

Competitive county cricket for those that dont know starts with an Under 12 team. There is no Under 11 team anymore. I think thats partly due to funding.

Got talking to a bloke in the Durham Members lounge yesterday afternoon who told me that by the end of next year the MCC will have £70m in their bank account waiting to be spent. Sounds like there are plans in place to reinvigorate cricket in schools with some of the money. About time too.

:lol: Just curious as to who he means by "we"

When we the last time he watched "we" in person?

I would say 'we' and I get on average once a year

Prolly seen more of Durham as a minor county than you though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back