LV:CC Div 1 - Durham v Notts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take away Lumbs score here and there doesn't seem to be much in it for batters.

40 of Lumbs 61 have come in boundaries so it's clearly a case of simply staying in and putting the bad ball away. Wildly optimistic, but I'd like to chase anything sub-300.

Very bad day for Durham although not unexpected. Last time i can recall Durham chasing over 250 to win a game in the 4rth innings at home was 2 years ago against Hampshire. Last year of course they folded when given a similar target against Hants.

My view is that unless the weather intervenes dramatically I cant see way out for Durham in this one and that Notts probably have sufficient runs already to win the match.

There were some terrible shots today - Benkensteins in particular. They all seemed to be in one day mode for some reason and someone has to get back to building an innings for Durham instead of trying to smash it out of the ground.

Aggressive batting is one thing, suicidal batting is quite another.

Very bad day for Durham although not unexpected. Last time i can recall Durham chasing over 250 to win a game in the 4rth innings at home was 2 years ago against Hampshire. Last year of course they folded when given a similar target against Hants.

My view is that unless the weather intervenes dramatically I cant see way out for Durham in this one and that Notts probably have sufficient runs already to win the match.

There were some terrible shots today - Benkensteins in particular. They all seemed to be in one day mode for some reason and someone has to get back to building an innings for Durham instead of trying to smash it out of the ground.

Aggressive batting is one thing, suicidal batting is quite another.

Odd, seeing as aggressive batting hadn't worked for Notts :neutral:

They look like certs

Odd, seeing as aggressive batting hadn't worked for Notts :neutral:

They look like certs
Don't know what we were playing at to be honest. Everyone knows or should know that first session of the morning down there is a batsman's graveyard yet everyone just played with care abandon.

There wasn't a single batsman in our first innings who got their head down and tried to build an innings. It was all crash, bang, wallop stuff. Not a clue what Benks was playing at taking a great big swipe outside of off stump.

All we needed was to get to say 250 and it probably would have been game over. Very, very poor from Durham.

We really will have to go some now just to salvage a draw. A win looks out of the question - unless Notts fold in the first session tomorrow. However I fancy they will do what we should have done - dig in.

Weather forecast for tomorrow is for it to rain all day.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/tomorrow-Chester-le-Street-UKXX0823

Last edited:
Only rain can save us now. When the fuck are Durham going to realise that Smith and Stoneman aren't good enough? We're going to get a hell off a shock when Benk, Colly and Diva wrap in.

...small consolation is that Lumb is in my fantasy team.

Apart from that.....'meh' is all I can say about today :neutral:

Sadly it looks like Nottinghamshire's game to lose now but commentary of the championship match in Chester-le-Street continues Saturday here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/17676685

Sorry for not posting the link earlier. Wifi problems at the ground. Hopefully there are plenty of twists and turns yet so tune in before you head off to see the lads v Wolves.

And remember you can listen free on your smartphone by downloading the Tune In Radio app. This game is BBC live event 4.

Marty said:
Sadly it looks like Nottinghamshire's game to lose now but commentary of the championship match in Chester-le-Street continues Saturday here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/17676685

Sorry for not posting the link earlier. Wifi problems at the ground. Hopefully there are plenty of twists and turns yet so tune in before you head off to see the lads v Wolves.

And remember you can listen free on your smartphone by downloading the Tune In Radio app. This game is BBC live event 4.

Cheers for the heads up on the smartphone app Marty. Great for us exiles down sarf : ) And yes its going to take some fight back from here to get back in this one....or some crap weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back