LV:CC Div 1 - Durham v Notts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
Starting tomorrow!

Happy new season lads and lasses!! Although I'm not sure how much play there'll be. Rain forecast for atleast some point during the first 2 days. Won't be down due to work/football commitments so will be relying on LMC from Yvette. Who IMO has the best summer job in the world!

No team news as yet but hopefully we'll have a strong side with DiVa, Benk, Colly and Stokes in the top 5. I'm expecting no Karl Turner for them like. Shame.

MDV
Smith
Collingwood
Stokes
Benk
Blackwell
Mustard
Borthwick
Thorp
Harmison (rumours are he is injured) so Claydon should play
Brathwaite

MDV
Smith
Collingwood
Stokes
Benk
Blackwell
Mustard
Borthwick
Thorp
Brathwaite

Nee GO?

Cracking looking side though

Aging of course, but surely at least one more good crack at the title

I suppose the biggest problem might be bits falling off

Nee GO?

Cracking looking side though

Aging of course, but surely at least one more good crack at the title

I suppose the biggest problem might be bits falling off

Knew i'd left someone out :lol:

Onions instead of Brath and Brath replacing S.Harmison.

Plunkett/Rush/Muchall/Stoneman all played for 2nd XI yesterday so doubt they will be involved

MDV
Smith
Collingwood
Stokes
Benk
Blackwell
Mustard
Borthwick
Thorp
Brathwaite

that does indeed look a very strong side.

obviously in the next year or several we have a three quality batsman to replace so will be important for smith, stokes, muchall, raine etc to step

MDV
Smith
Collingwood
Stokes
Benk
Blackwell
Mustard
Borthwick
Thorp
Brathwaite
I doubt Harmison will play. He's not injured, so is available for selection. We'll see.

I would imagine that Onions will play and it'll be between Claydon and Brath for the third seamer slot, otherwise agree with the team you have picked.

Its a shame that Rocky has to miss out and I'm hoping that the number 3 spot wont be problematic for us this year as Colly wouldnt normally play there but he has to play somewhere.

It'll be interesting too see who bats number 3 now. I'd be tempted to open with MDV and Rocky with Smith at number 3 and have Muchell and Brath miss out.

when everyone is fit can anyone name a better top 7 in the domestic game
It's a cracking lineup but I was thinking the other day about the other teams and TBH it could be the best CC for years if everyone clicks.

Somerset - great team
Surrey - canny line up
Notts - some really canny players in there

and so you go on.

The only team that have the look of complete journeymen of the top sides are Lancashire, but their outfields and no one buggering off to England (Anderson is never at Lancs so cant be missed) helps them enormously.

MDV is in his last year at Durham although I'm assuming that Durham will give him a new contract for as long as he wants to stay, otherwise he'll be snapped up by someone else as I know for a fact that he wants to keep playing a while longer.

It's a cracking lineup but I was thinking the other day about the other teams and TBH it could be the best CC for years if everyone clicks.

Somerset - great team
Surrey - canny line up
Notts - some really canny players in there

and so you go on.

The only team that have the look of complete journeymen of the top sides are Lancashire, but their outfields and no one buggering off to England (Anderson is never at Lancs so cant be missed) helps them enormously.

MDV is in his last year at Durham although I'm assuming that Durham will give him a new contract for as long as he wants to stay, otherwise he'll be snapped up by someone else as I know for a fact that he wants to keep playing a while longer.

I wouldnt put money on it but if Lancs arent playing at outgrounds this year, id back them to get relegated

I wouldnt put money on it but if Lancs arent playing at outgrounds this year, id back them to get relegated
Unfortunately they are playing some games at the out grounds this year, starting at Liverpool tomorrow. However I think OT is ready for them to go back to so they'll have to go back for money reasons.

I'm going to try and get to OT this season again to see what the ground development looks like. It'll be interesting too see what happens now as they have turned the wicket.

As we know Durham beat them twice last year, same with Warwickshire but lost the CC due to dire performances against the weaker teams at home especially Hampshire and Sussex were awful performances.

A lot of the Durham players are getting on so this could be last chance saloon for them this year. A lot of contracts are also up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back