LV:CC Div 1 - Durham v Notts

Status
Not open for further replies.

some many similar teams apart from worcestershire

Somerset lost Kartick, Willoughby and De Bruyn. 3 best players after tresco consistency wise.

Surrey arent quite there yet

Notts have no top order

Warwickshire are half as strong without Bell and Trott

Durham will have Collingwood and Onions for the whole season which is like signing two new class performers.

Stokes will be player of the season and be in Englands test side within 6 months

bold predicton but expect Durham to cruise the league this year
bookie have somerset as favoruites :eek:
Other than Middlesex, Worcester and Sussex all of the others have strong squads so it'll be interesting too see who wins it this year. No outstanding favourite in my opinion, making it potentially one of the most exciting seasons for a while.

Good things have come out of the Notts game:

We took 20 wickets,
The tail wagged, and importantly
We know why we lost ie the top order utterly failed.

We also know how to put the last bit right - more application instead of trying to be overly aggressive right from the start.

Stoneman has apparently travelled with the seconds to Essex so that means there will probably be just 1 change at Lords; Colly in at number 3.

Going to Lords on Friday. Cant wait!

Other than Middlesex, Worcester and Sussex all of the others have strong squads so it'll be interesting too see who wins it this year. No outstanding favourite in my opinion, making it potentially one of the most exciting seasons for a while.

Good things have come out of the Notts game:

We took 20 wickets,
The tail wagged, and importantly
We know why we lost ie the top order utterly failed.

We also know how to put the last bit right - more application instead of trying to be overly aggressive right from the start.

Stoneman has apparently travelled with the seconds to Essex so that means there will probably be just 1 change at Lords; Colly in at number 3.

Going to Lords on Friday. Cant wait!

might try and pop down to Lords this week

Prior to the game against Notts, Durham were second favourite (4/1) behind Somerset (7/2) with the 2 or 3 bookies I checked.

Following their victory over us, Notts seem to be the favourites now. Durham out to 5/1. Wish I'd held off placing my fiver on them now.

Only pre season odds I saw made DCCC favs, but only at 4/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back