Luther

There's some proper TV snobs about :lol: Series like Luther, Happy Valley and Line of Duty are great TV drama and people get all vexed because there are times when they are a bit far fetched. That's what dramas are man. The same people that keep whinging how shite they are keep watching them and keep twisting on.

Snobby twats.

Luther is shite, lazy writing full of cliche and rehashed "plot" lines. It's not alone in that mind. Brainless kids who do sub-standard degrees and get jobs writing where they interned so turn to the Internet and/or copy existing, turgid, lowest common denominator shite. Elba is not a good actor but anyone would struggle with the material. IMHO obviously.

yet you probably keep watching it religiously, keep secretly enjoying it (or you wouldn't watch it) and keep twisting on about how rubbish it is to show what a great TV critic you are ;)

only really seen Elba in Luther and he doesn't seem the greatest actor tbh.

the couple of times he's been shot and appears to only be affected for a few short minutes is truly outstanding imo.

actually I seen him in Thor as well. I stand by my initial thoughts on him

only really seen Elba in Luther and he doesn't seem the greatest actor tbh.

the couple of times he's been shot and appears to only be affected for a few short minutes is truly outstanding imo.

actually I seen him in Thor as well. I stand by my initial thoughts on him

Not seen The Wire then? There’s a ridiculous amount of good performances in that show and he’s up there with the best.

Not seen The Wire then? There’s a ridiculous amount of good performances in that show and he’s up there with the best.

not seen it.

I don't have enough time in the day to catch up with stuff. i got the box set of Breaking bad about 4 year ago and still only half way through season 3.

They shouldn't have bothered with it although it wasn't as bad as the previous two shows.

The idea that Alice going from a genius, calculating loving friend to a love-scorned psychopath due to a lie that her previous character would have foreseen a mile off was ridiculous.

If it had to be moral in the sense Luther needed to go down, it probably shouldn't have been for 3 things he didn't do.

I don't know whether he's a good actor or I just think he plays cool characters like Luther and Stronger Bell. Either way, I like him.

They shouldn't have bothered with it although it wasn't as bad as the previous two shows.

The idea that Alice going from a genius, calculating loving friend to a love-scorned psychopath due to a lie that her previous character would have foreseen a mile off was ridiculous.

If it had to be moral in the sense Luther needed to go down, it probably shouldn't have been for 3 things he didn't do.
He's only been arrested at this point, man.

I don't know whether he's a good actor or I just think he plays cool characters like Luther and Stronger Bell. Either way, I like him.

He's only been arrested at this point, man.

Haven't they gone on record to say it's now finished?

I'm assuming they didn't want to go down the same route as Dexter although circumstances were somewhat different.

The whole Alice breakdown ruined it for me, seemed daft.

It was ridiculous but watchable, similar to Line of Duty in that respect. Nowhere near as bad as Bodyguard which was dreadful on every level.
Probably helped that I couldn't remember what had happened in previous series so didn't remember that she was meant to be dead until they did that bit of exposition in the car.
Would be mental to attempt another series.

I watched season 1. It's without doubt one of the worst TV shows I've ever seen.

Having watched the 1st episode of the first series, I am not convinced.

Can not get past the fact he managed to fathom that the gun had been stuffed into the dog??? Amongst other absurdities.

My OH kept having to remind me it was a drama and not to get too hung up on certain bits, but so far it is lacking in credibility.

Will continue with the series, but not sure how long for!

Back