Luther

Good that, if astonishingly far fetched. An improvement on the more recent series. Far better having it on over 4 nights too.

Hard to work out if that’s the end or not. Without Alice and Benny you’d think they’ll call it a day, but could easily bring it back with John telling his story and going back to work.

He’ll be off to do Bond soon I reckon though.

Hard to work out if that’s the end or not. Without Alice and Benny you’d think they’ll call it a day, but could easily bring it back with John telling his story and going back to work.

He’ll be off to do Bond soon I reckon though.
I felt this seasons needed another couple episodes or longer last episode. Just to tie up the obvious investigation, the murder of his mate/the shooter etc and the explanation by his boss with Alice etc oh and his new police colleague who was killed by Alice.....

I felt this seasons needed another couple episodes or longer last episode. Just to tie up the obvious investigation, the murder of his mate/the shooter etc and the explanation by his boss with Alice etc oh and his new police colleague who was killed by Alice.....

I think they made a mistake killing off Ripley like. Obviously the actor might have had other commitments but they worked well together. Halliday seemed like a spin-off without any real meaning.

Haven’t watched it but loads of people complaining that it’s really gloomy, like no fucker has paid the electric bill.

The final episode perhaps tries to include too much action/storyline but I would say just about carries it off. The effect seems to be to create a dizzying vortex of events that culminates in portraying Luther as a anti-hero and someone who is a victim of circumstance and chance.

Definitely another series to follow or at least a film version.

Luther is shite, lazy writing full of cliche and rehashed "plot" lines. It's not alone in that mind. Brainless kids who do sub-standard degrees and get jobs writing where they interned so turn to the Internet and/or copy existing, turgid, lowest common denominator shite. Elba is not a good actor but anyone would struggle with the material. IMHO obviously.

Back