Luke O'Nien

Would love O'Nien to stay with us. As a few have mentioned, he has been a consistent performer in a number of positions, has a brilliant attitude and could make the step up with us.

Can't blame him for moving on though if he gets a good offer, he has a young family now and needs to put his career and them first. I believe he can do it with us, but its his choice.

I just think either way good luck to him

I dont get the hatred for every player who dare leaves Sunderland

obviously when the club decides to get rid of a player, who would like to stay himself, thats perfectly fine

But soon as anyone, Asoro, Maja, O'Nien etc thinks a move might further his career, he is instantly criticised
I prefer to look at it along the lines of “ thanks for being here, we’d be happy if you stayed, if you’re not fussed then neither are we, bye bye” no hatred just a goodbye wave to a former employee.

I prefer to look at it along the lines of “ thanks for being here, we’d be happy if you stayed, if you’re not fussed then neither are we, bye bye” no hatred just a goodbye wave to a former employee.

fair enough but who says he isnt fussed? he probs wants to stay but he also only gets 1 career and should do whatever is best for it

like you or I would in our careers.
Has he gone yet?

:lol::lol:

I mean this is just unbelievable how fickle you are. outrageous.

just the very worst sunderland fan on this board, in my opinion anyway.

I think the bigger picture here is how has this been allowed to happen yet again with one of the only players we could got a fee for is gonna walk for nothing.

Because the managers he’s played under are shite. Ditto the coaching staff. None of em seemingly can tell a good player from a bad one.
WOW !! That really is some claim to make that managers and coaching staff who have all achieved relevant badges and qualifications can watch a player every day at training but they cant assess him as well as your good self who sees, at best, a 90 minute performance once a fortnight

WOW !! That really is some claim to make that managers and coaching staff who have all achieved relevant badges and qualifications can watch a player every day at training but they cant assess him as well as your good self who sees, at best, a 90 minute performance once a fortnight
I know. Mad innit. Youd almost think coaching badges were harder to fail than to pass when starting from an ex pro position wouldn’t you?

Whwre in league 1 the days of us getting held to ransom are over for now , let him go and replace him decent squad player who i would of kept but wont loose any sleep

Good luck to the lad wherever he goes. I still hope he stays and we have offered him a contract with far better terms than he was on previously. I wonder how his terms compare with Winchester, for example, as a matter of interest.

Back