Luke O'Nien

Why is that do you think? One manager is unlucky, two maybe. But yes had three managers who have all, with very different styles and everyone of them, to a man, has fancied some really mediocre midfielders above him.

This isn't just because he does a job elsewhere, there have been ample opportunities to pick him in CM. I'd like to have seen more of it, I'd like him to stay tbh. But if he is trying to mess us around - fuck him. He's very very very much not good enough to get worked up about.
The fact that the last two managers signed central midfielders played a part in them being selected ahead of him. At a club with money problems if you sign a player yet keep selecting those already here before him then the owners start asking questions.

If Luke goes, it's to Luton nearer his family. Although I'll be surprised if he leaves now. I also think all 4 of the contract lads stay.

We may bring in some better players than O’Nien but we are likely to bring in some worse ones. On balance I hope he stays.
We'll bring in worse without having doubt cos that's what we do but if he wants to stay then stay we shouldn't be paying over the odds in wages to keep him weve been doing it for decades

Back