Luis Semedo

has some nice little touches but that about it.

Soon as he gets the ball in the centre circle he lays it off to a centre half or a wing back. Takes him an age to get in the box so is never available to get on the end of stuff or make himself a pest. Behind the pace of the game constantly.

All you hear when your at an u21 game is “ HEMIR , HEMIR!! GET IN THE BOX”

They’ve got their work cut out with this youngen.

I’d love nowt better than him to turn into Kenwyne Jones, hasn’t got the drive and Mogga’s interview said everything everyone already knows

Rusyn has two goals in scraps of games. If we gave the lad a run of ten games he'd score a few.

Mental that we haven't
It really is insane. Anyone with a footballing brain can see that Rusyn is miles ahead of our other options - he's an experienced and well-rounded footballer who could probably do a job in a half dozen positions. I'd venture to say there's a 10 to 12 goals per season championship striker in there. Particularly given he hasn't had a run of games, barely speaks the language, and is clearly a second striker/winger rather than a number 9 who doesn't fit our current shape.

A point that hasn't been addressed regarding the likes of Semedo, Ba, Aouchiche, who are varying levels of player based on their time in the game.

They weren't outrageous fees.

And yet, some lads come to this country promising fans a lot with their hype and whatnot, but they leave with their tail between their legs!

An example, for instance, is Jozy Altidore. Who came here with a lot of excitement for good money, scored a boatload in Holland, like Luis Suarez before him.

He didn't have what it took.

Yet someone like Tony Revellierre was brilliant despite being here 5 mins and being 34 year old.

Point is, some take a while to adapt, some adapt straight away and some never at all.

Their fees don't always matter, yes you're usually promised a higher calibre of player the more money you spend, but I'd take a Michu, Kante, Mahrez, Ji Seung Park...over an Antony or a Djilobodji.

ill take your word for it!
I take it you got the same response as me: a video that didn't load and the circle of death.
However, I noticed the "watch it on X" thingy in the corner and I clicked on that.
I don't do Twitter or X, but nevertheless that link loaded and played for me, so I can join in with the choruse of disapproval re the quality of filming.
I've watched it and I have no idea whether Hemir scored a good, bad, scruffy or whatever goal.

I also listened to the accompanying sound, so I know Semedo's fan club addressed the question: "did you see that"? because they shouted "yes I'm here!"

Last edited:

Back