Luis Semedo

I will to the day I die insist that the shouting to him at u21s is because the coaches know he thrives off encouragement.

They should the square root of fuck all at Burstow because they know he’s not arsed.
He’s raw and needs coaching, if he was really feckless he wouldn’t even get games at that level. They’re just doing their job. Gyrokere did nowt at Brighton and scored a whopping 3 goals in his first 30 championship games, took him a good couple of seasons to come good. Hemir still has every chance of being excellent.

I think it comes down to whoever is picking the team. There certainly seems to be some sort of favouritism going on.
How can one young talent like Bellingham get every single start and another young talent , Rigg not get any at all?
Riggs is two years younger so I think it’s understandable Jobe is getting more. I’d like to see Rigg get more although he is currently injured

I think it comes down to whoever is picking the team. There certainly seems to be some sort of favouritism going on.
How can one young talent like Bellingham get every single start and another young talent , Rigg not get any at all?
Rigg is very talented but very very few players get regular opportunities at his age. Not many do at Bellingham’s age either.

Burstow can only be getting time for getting on the wrong side of Chelsea
The only loan and wasn’t worth the effort
I’m not considering Styles as a loan as there seems to be an obligation to make it permanent and the loan aspect is just down to expediency

This is exactly what Speakman was alluding to the other day about managing expectations. Should never have been given the 9 shirt and should have been made clear he is a longer term project.

I dont buy that argument from Speakman re. Hemir. He was clearly brought in for at least some immediate impact, hence him starting up front pretty much every game in pre season, getting the no 9 shirt, and starting our first game of the season v Ipswich. I remember the club social media after he signed with post like "Our new No 9" etc.

Speakman would be better off just admitting they've had to readjust their expectations for Hemir. Strikes me as too arrogant for that sort of thing though.

Burstow can only be getting time for getting on the wrong side of Chelsea
The only loan and wasn’t worth the effort
I’m not considering Styles as a loan as there seems to be an obligation to make it permanent and the loan aspect is just down to expediency
Styles is an option, not an obligation as originally reported.

I dont buy that argument from Speakman re. Hemir. He was clearly brought in for at least some immediate impact, hence him starting up front pretty much every game in pre season, getting the no 9 shirt, and starting our first game of the season v Ipswich. I remember the club social media after he signed with post like "Our new No 9" etc.

Speakman would be better off just admitting they've had to readjust their expectations for Hemir. Strikes me as too arrogant for that sort of thing though.
Nothing to do with arrogance, more sensible enough to understand how deflated the lad would be. On what planet would coming out and saying that achieve anything? :lol:

He’s absolutely massive for a young lad. Needs 1/2 years of playing football in England and he will come good. Maybe no world beater but he looks like he’s got a rocket of a strike and he’s a unit.

There’s definitely something there that Our scouts have seen, but nothing immediately amazing that other, better scouts wouldn’t have seen before us.

Give the lad the last 10 minutes if we're ahead and sling some proper crosses in. He gets a goal his confidence goes up and he feels appreciated. Just a thought

The social video released of him, Clarke, Hume and Roberts shows hes very good technically. His touch is better than all of them, hes a huge lad and has all the physical attributes. He needs to learn how to jump, as at 6'4 he should be totally dominant.
Hopefully it clicks for him, and he gets the desire and determination to make it here.

A classy young lad, coming from a world class academy to a good club with skewed expectations, thrust in as our main striker during pre season with the no. 9 shirt.

As people have said, he was given chances in pre season and took them.

He played a few games at the start of the season, wasn't impressive but then got horrifically hung out to dry.

We sign, somehow, a worse striker on loan, when our loans are meant to be for quality players. A striker who was linked with Milan and being touted as big money.

Somehow, this lad got more of a chance than Hemir.

And funny enough, Hemir missed his chances in the team, Southampton a glaring example where he should've scored.

He didn't even look like a good prospect for the 21's when playing.

But when I've seen him in the first team, there's something about him, he looks dangerous in a way. As I've said previous, he's got so many assets for a young lad.

I think he's all in, but it's been a tough period of adapting.
Every time he comes on for the first team he looks dangerous, his height alone offers so much threat. He looks a lot more mobile now in his recent appearances. Doesn’t help until now we never crossed the ball.

I think there's something there, seems to have shed a few pounds too so maybe the training and fitness levels are getting to where they should be now, he definitely looked podgy before, seems to have a good touch and strikes the ball well so there's two things he's got in his locker that Burstow hasn't shown yet, needs to be the one coming on for Rusyn as his height will certainly cause panic for the oppo even if he doesn't know how to use it yet, he's a kid it will come.

Problem is; I don't think focus would be on these kids so much if there was someone playing in the CF position who was a guaranteed starter. At least they'd have something to aspire to rather than having the weight and expectations of 40,000 on their young shoulders when they are asked to pull on the shirt.

Because there's nee one else we have put far too much expectancy on these young lads far too soon.

Anyway, Rusyin has to start every game from now on and Beale has to keep him in the team even if he doesn't notch or has a bad /indifferent game.

Burstow isn't even close to the required standard and even Hemir has looked better when he's come on as a sub.
It's why we need/needed an experienced striker to lead the line, it's not f***ing rocket science.
We're doing more harm than good to Hemir and Mayenda.

Back