Luis Semedo

As You Were

Midfield
Looked such a promising signing in pre season when he scored a few goals. Must be really doing something wrong if he can’t get a game ahead of burstow. If he is just young and learning fair enough but seems like question marks about attitude and work rate when he is playing. Is there any point in keeping him? Not sure you can train /coach a good attitude

I like him. It’ll come, he was just nowhere near ready for first team.

Our major issue is everyone we seem to sign since we got the basis of a first team is an academy player who needs time. But as not everyone is patient and these lads really shouldn’t be thrown in the deep end, it causes a bit unrest.

It is an issue. Some of them hit the ground running and some don't. Even the ones that do have bad games and good ones as they gain experience. Interesting to watch imo. Though I did prefer the attacking style Mowbray had first half of this season

Getting the 9 shirt did him no favours and I don’t think Mowbray handled him at all well either. He gets in decent positions and is pretty quick. A bit unlucky not to have bagged a couple but next season is the very earliest we might see what he’s made of. Has the attributes to become very good.

Getting the 9 shirt did him no favours and I don’t think Mowbray handled him at all well either. He gets in decent positions and is pretty quick. A bit unlucky not to have bagged a couple but next season is the very earliest we might see what he’s made of. Has the attributes to become very good.
It’s a number, means nowt. Well maybe to the Mags it does :lol:

Problem is; I don't think focus would be on these kids so much if there was someone playing in the CF position who was a guaranteed starter. At least they'd have something to aspire to rather than having the weight and expectations of 40,000 on their young shoulders when they are asked to pull on the shirt.

Because there's nee one else we have put far too much expectancy on these young lads far too soon.

Anyway, Rusyin has to start every game from now on and Beale has to keep him in the team even if he doesn't notch or has a bad /indifferent game.

Burstow isn't even close to the required standard and even Hemir has looked better when he's come on as a sub.

Back