Low Carb Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken and Sweetcorn soup. Something I never in a million years would have tried until I dipped a chip in my mate's the other week and it was lovely.

Other than that you are looking at a lot of carbs! Maybe rice noodles and not too many of them would be your best bet with some chicken and sauce?
I ended up getting char sue egg foo yung with fr rice. beanshoots and a splash of curry. The bairn had the fr rice and me the beanshoots.

Reactions: mux

Its pretty much Atkins diet mate 80% fat 15% protein less than 5% carbs.

How the hell can you get 80% fat 15% protein and 5% carbs?

I usually consume 80-100g carbs, 180-220g protein and 20-30g fat, cba to work out the percentages like. starting to take its toll on me going from 3500+ calories for 6 months to going down to 2000, fatigue kicking in.

Not had a beer for three or four weeks now but plan a few sunday afternoon. Beer and lager are out (liquid bread I read)

Vodka and?? Can't do neat. Would usually go fresh orange. Diet coke?

Bases on what?

Check or Dr Zoe Hardcombe she's has a great website with meal options and a book if you want to invest a tenner

Personal experience, and I don't think I have met anyone who has done well on very low carb for a prolonged period of time.

Personal experience, and I don't think I have met anyone who has done well on very low carb for a prolonged period of time.

10 years lost 11 stone in the first 18 month and swear by it, I know many many more who have had brilliant results. There's huge amounts of evidence and journal articles to support low carb high fat diets. Dr Jason Fung et al have cured hundreds of type 2 diabetics with low carb. The current health guidelines are garbage and dictated by industry, for example Kellogg's & Coca Cola are a mager sponsors of the British Nutrition foundation.

Don't take my word for it http://zoeharcombe.co.uk/assets/downloads/20DietMyths3.pdf

Not had a beer for three or four weeks now but plan a few sunday afternoon. Beer and lager are out (liquid bread I read)

Vodka and?? Can't do neat. Would usually go fresh orange. Diet coke?

Yea Diet Coke is fine orange juice is awful for low carb as is most fruit packed with sugar/fructose

10 years lost 11 stone in the first 18 month and swear by it, I know many many more who have had brilliant results. There's huge amounts of evidence and journal articles to support low carb high fat diets. Dr Jason Fung et al have cured hundreds of type 2 diabetics with low carb. The current health guidelines are garbage and dictated by industry, for example Kellogg's & Coca Cola are a mager sponsors of the British Nutrition foundation.

Don't take my word for it http://zoeharcombe.co.uk/assets/downloads/20DietMyths3.pdf

I'm glad it's working for you, that's some excellent results. Just to make it clear, I'm not advocating against low carb as per se. i consider my carbohydrate intake, when it's around 150g, to still be low carb. Below 50g is where I really can't see it being healthy in the long run. I did probably over 6 months on very low carb a few years ago. I did lose weight, which I should add was not intentionally, but so I also did when I added in some "safe" starches like rice and potatoes.

The most important thing to conclude from all of this is to make sure you're eating a nutrient dense diet, and adjust accordingly with macros after what your goals are, be it weight loss or specific health problems. I just had a big glass of unpasteurised fresh pressed orange juice, which can be great for some things, but not much so if the primary goal is to lose weight and every calorie count.

Last edited:
I'm glad it's working for you, that's some excellent results. Just to make it clear, I'm not advocating against low carb as per se. i consider my carbohydrate intake, when it's around 150g, to still be low carb. Below 50g is where I really can't see it being healthy in the long run. I did probably over 6 months on very low carb a few years ago. I did lose weight, which I should add was not intentionally, but so I also did when I added in some "safe" starches like rice and potatoes.

The most important thing to conclude from all of this is to make sure you're eating a nutrient dense diet, and adjust accordingly with macros after what your goals are, be it weight loss or specific health problems.

There's so much conflicting information about its hard to make the choice on what path to follow. The best diet is one that works for you and you can stick to long term imo

There's so much conflicting information about its hard to make the choice on what path to follow. The best diet is one that works for you and you can stick to long term imo

Exactly this! There are so many variables at play here and we are all individuals with different needs. The best thing one can do is like you say, experiment with all the advice given and work with what works and feels best.

Just started the Blood Sugar Diet from Michael Mosley and am very impressed with it so far. First 3-4 days were horrible though: sweats; headaches; irritability. Here I am on day 10 now and have a 17 lb loss in the bank and feeling very happy and not really hungry at all.

Just started the Blood Sugar Diet from Michael Mosley and am very impressed with it so far. First 3-4 days were horrible though: sweats; headaches; irritability. Here I am on day 10 now and have a 17 lb loss in the bank and feeling very happy and not really hungry at all.

What does this entail?

What does this entail?
800 cals a day to start with. Minimal carbs. Rich in protein. Ok amount of fat. Seems drastic, but there is solid science behind it. Professor Taylor at Newcastle Uni has done all the research.

Started off with headaches and sweats, but that is normal for the first few days, if you don't up your water.

Here is a link to some sample meal plans. The article is a good read despite being in the daily outrage. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-Type-2-diabetes-best-s-tasty-way-health.html

800 cals a day to start with. Minimal carbs. Rich in protein. Ok amount of fat. Seems drastic, but there is solid science behind it. Professor Taylor at Newcastle Uni has done all the research.

Started off with headaches and sweats, but that is normal for the first few days, if you don't up your water.

Here is a link to some sample meal plans. The article is a good read despite being in the daily outrage. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-Type-2-diabetes-best-s-tasty-way-health.html

Just clicked the link great if it works for type 2

Looks good what you been eating?

Last edited:
Just clicked the link great if it works for type 2

Looks good what you been eating?
Literally stuck to those exact meals for the first week. Didn't do the breakfast with flax though. Having an off day today so will stick with protein as much but will need more like 1600 cals as I'm out for the evening. Back on tomorrow.

1st September:

Just a little update on my first 30 days. Have now shed 2 stone 3lbs. Have thoroughly stuck to the plan which I am amazed with as I have done lots of different things over the years, but none have been as easy as this one to stick to.

Have also taken up walking/slow jogging to help. Have been managing 4 miles 4 nights a week and am gonna intersperse that with some HIIT stuff that I saw on TV the other night. Will be staring that tonight.

1st September:

Just a little update on my first 30 days. Have now shed 2 stone 3lbs. Have thoroughly stuck to the plan which I am amazed with as I have done lots of different things over the years, but none have been as easy as this one to stick to.

Have also taken up walking/slow jogging to help. Have been managing 4 miles 4 nights a week and am gonna intersperse that with some HIIT stuff that I saw on TV the other night. Will be staring that tonight.

Wow well done mate that's incredible

Wow well done mate that's incredible
Cheers. As of today it's 2 stone 6 off and another 3 weeks left on this part of the plan. Feeling fairly energised. Breakfast this morning was a bit of a struggle as the bairns left their croissants all covered in butter and jam. Was difficult to just hoy them in the bin!

Looking forward to my next weight target which should hopefully happen this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back