Low Carb Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Ted

Striker
Always find it difficult to stay away from a carb filled diet, for those that reduce their carbohydrate intake especially when cutting, What do you generally eat for breakfast, lunch and tea?

I struggle on low carb diet, turn into a reet grumpy fucker.

I have now cut my carbs down but still eat between 60-100g and I am losing better than I ever did on v low carbs plus my mood is much better.

Always find it difficult to stay away from a carb filled diet, for those that reduce their carbohydrate intake especially when cutting, What do you generally eat for breakfast, lunch and tea?
Dunno but I can't get full without carbs, if I try I'll just go nuts and commit carbacide, fortunately there nowt wrong with carbs the main thing is the right protein and then enjoy some carbs aswell

I would strongly advise against going too low on carbohydrates, which is more precisely around 50 g and below daily. In the long term that is a recipe for crash and burn. Many people can do well on very low carb for a few months, but what this eventually will lead to in the long run is a myriad of health problems and feeling fatigue.

As for suggestions on what you could eat, just out of the top of my head and don't see this as a complete list; beef, lamb, gelatin-rich cuts of meat, beef liver (occasionally), chicken (occasionally), white fish, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, tallow, white potatoes, some vegetables, eggs, some fruits, some dairy (if you tolerate it fine). Opt for quality.

Omlettes are canny for breakfast and there is plenty of variety of things to throw in.

Chicken/fish and veg would be a good go to lunch

I once tried "courgetty spaghetti" (when the mrs was dieting) with bolognese for tea and surprisingly it was canny.

You only need to go low carbs if you do fukc all through the day, a stay at home mam for example. I have 250g a day and drop body fat fine. It's all on your expenditure.

Set your protein and fats. Then set your carbs to a reasonable level like 200g, then if no fat loss, drop them. Dont just go all guns blazing on low carb diet like it's some miracle diet. Low carbs fkcu you hard.

You only need to go low carbs if you do fukc all through the day, a stay at home mam for example. I have 250g a day and drop body fat fine. It's all on your expenditure.

Set your protein and fats. Then set your carbs to a reasonable level like 200g, then if no fat loss, drop them. Dont just go all guns blazing on low carb diet like it's some miracle diet. Low carbs fkcu you hard.

Dare you to post that on Mumsnet :lol:

So, been giving this low-carb malarky a go. No, spuds, bread or rice. Two weeks in and I've found it easier than I thought.

Meal planning is interesting trying to vary things.

I'm due a Chinese takeawy tonight so what would be a good choice (obviously not hse special fr rice with chips)?

So, been giving this low-carb malarky a go. No, spuds, bread or rice. Two weeks in and I've found it easier than I thought.

Meal planning is interesting trying to vary things.

I'm due a Chinese takeawy tonight so what would be a good choice (obviously not hse special fr rice with chips)?
Chicken and Sweetcorn soup. Something I never in a million years would have tried until I dipped a chip in my mate's the other week and it was lovely.

Other than that you are looking at a lot of carbs! Maybe rice noodles and not too many of them would be your best bet with some chicken and sauce?

I would strongly advise against going too low on carbohydrates, which is more precisely around 50 g and below daily. In the long term that is a recipe for crash and burn. Many people can do well on very low carb for a few months, but what this eventually will lead to in the long run is a myriad of health problems and feeling fatigue.

As for suggestions on what you could eat, just out of the top of my head and don't see this as a complete list; beef, lamb, gelatin-rich cuts of meat, beef liver (occasionally), chicken (occasionally), white fish, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, tallow, white potatoes, some vegetables, eggs, some fruits, some dairy (if you tolerate it fine). Opt for quality.

Bases on what?

Check or Dr Zoe Hardcombe she's has a great website with meal options and a book if you want to invest a tenner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back