Loves the relentless pressure (while avoiding talking to anyone ever).....

His connections must be off the scale. No doubt his dream to run marseilles. To do that he has to make us a success.

I dunno, money talks and if he needed that then I'm sure there are ways to make it happen regardless of our success.

As far as motivations go, If his time here is to learn how to make a club successful in order to do it elsewhere, it is far from the worst.

I'm also worried about the lack of experience in midfield, and feel it has been a contributing factor to us not performing as well as we can, despite performing on a whole brilliantly.

However, this is some absolutely bizarre mental gymnastics to come to the conclusion that it's somehow KLD's fault. He doesn't decide what player's we sign, does he? He's invested into the playing squad, if the scouts/DoF/head coach decides to in bring players in other positions, how on earth does that fall on KLD?

Or should the owner have a hand in telling the DoF/scouts/head coach what he should be doing? That's always worked out successfully.
The players we get and model are driven by his financial constraints
It’s not a case of ‘happy clapper’ which seems to be the new auto response to anyone who’s not completely angry or negative about everything that’s gone
On
I was pissed off with BCB bar had my rant, they’ve been called out rightly but ultimately it’s time to move on far worse things happening in life
At what point does the anger stop, KLD begging pitchside for forgiveness?, big mistake was made but it shouldn’t define a tenure
KLD has made club much stronger in number of ways since he’s arrived, a big upgrade on Donald and Methven and short who nearly put us out of business, this isn’t ‘happy clapper’ it’s just fact
If your that annoyed don’t watch them or go
But chastising people who aren’t still angry with whole club it’s just boring now
The team we watch try, have a go most games, have big potential to improve, structure in place for recruitment which could make the club a lot of money in the future, while also building core of side over few years
It really isn’t doom and gloom time
The usual if you aren’t happy with everything the club does or doesn’t do just stop supporting them and don’t go 🙄

Last edited:

So what's that got to do with the positions we've signed players in?

We've spent roughly £19m on players since promotion to The Championship (according to Transfermarkt and a quick Euros to GBP conversion), and have a £6m net spend, meaning of that £19m atleast £6m has been invested by him, despite 'financial constraints'.

Unless your argument is 'he should have told Speakman et al which positions, or which players specifically, to spend the money on', I'm not sure what your argument is regarding priority signings? What else should KLD have done? Gave him another £10m and told him to sign specific players in specific positions?

It’s not a case of ‘happy clapper’ which seems to be the new auto response to anyone who’s not completely angry or negative about everything that’s gone
On
I was pissed off with BCB bar had my rant, they’ve been called out rightly but ultimately it’s time to move on far worse things happening in life
At what point does the anger stop, KLD begging pitchside for forgiveness?, big mistake was made but it shouldn’t define a tenure
KLD has made club much stronger in number of ways since he’s arrived, a big upgrade on Donald and Methven and short who nearly put us out of business, this isn’t ‘happy clapper’ it’s just fact
But chastising people who aren’t still angry with whole club it’s just boring now
The team we watch try, have a go most games, have big potential to improve, structure in place for recruitment which could make the club a lot of money in the future, while also building core of side over few years
Exactly. Why chuck the baby out with the bathwater over a cock-up.

As a Sunderland fan who is not from Sunderland nor ever been to Sunderland, from my perspective the board's toxicity has gone well over the line in recent months. I liked Tony too, but he was tactically inept at times. If we aspire to be a Premier League team with PL quality players, we aren't going to buy them as the finished product - we are going to have to make them. We have to recruit better, younger talent than our competitors (Stuart Harvey) and it's up to the managers to put them in high pressure situations often, teach them how to play together within a system, and win matches. Tony was great with young players and helping them adapt to the pressure, but was never going to be able to do enough tactically/technically to take us to the PL. I don't know if Beale will be successful, but look at where we were before KLD and Speakman and look at where we are now. They know better than I do and better than almost anyone else on this board. It's their life's work to do what they are doing. The squad, the style of football, the results - it's like night and day to what we had before - even back to Martin Bain/Short. The BCB fiasco was bizarre and clearly a huge mistake - but throwing the baby out with the bathwater is as you Brits say - mental.

The usual if you aren’t happy with everything the club does or doesn’t do just stop supporting them and don’t go 🙄
The thing is you are aloud to have an opinion about anything and doesn’t always have to be positive.
That is called DEMOCRACY.
Don’t tell anyone not to go to one of our games, just because you don’t agree with what someone says.
That’s called bullying.

On
Agree with this. Made my feelings known at the time, didn't go to the match because of it but am I fck gonna harp on for ever about it to my own detriment. There's no-one can hold a grudge like a spited football fan like. :lol:

He’s very clearly had a privileged upbringing.

I don’t think he really does know the people of Sunderland. He’s been very naive over the whole BCB fiasco.

Been involved in football long enough to understand the implications. Calculated decision IMO whereby the cash earned Is worth taking the heat for with regards to letting out BCB and the hospitality on offer.

Let's be honest - as passionate as we are and for all the moaning on here he's had to face a few questions from RAWA/supporters collective where they doubled down on anything negative aimed at them or pit the blame elsewhere/said things were in place, let it all die down and then STID3 comes out to whatever acclaim it gets where hopefully it puts him back in popularity with many and papers over recent issues.

No real issues at games, protests, being hit in the pocket elsewhere, just some disgruntled fans most of whom will still attend anyway.

Who says it's time to move on - you?
What happened is massively embarrassing to the club and the fans and it made international news. It'll be brought up and mentioned for donkeys years, a stain on the clubs history.

it goes beyond some over zealous contractors going a bit beyond with some decorations, though ultimately thats what lifted the lid on things. People at the club, whilst obviously knowing it wouldn't go down well, thought they could make a quick profit by laying out the red carpet for our local rivals of 130 years and the won't eveb have to suffer any consequences doing it.

The reason people like yourself are called 'happy clappers' is because you will seemingly accept anything just because things aren't as bad as they recently were, even when there's many questionable things going on at the club. God forbid you had any pride or ambition to do better.

Last edited:
What happened is massively embarrassing to the club and the fans and it made international news. It'll be brought up and mentioned for donkeys years, a stain on the clubs history.

it goes beyond some over zealous contractors going a bit beyond with some decorations, though ultimately thats what lifted the lid on things. People at the club, whilst obviously knowing it wouldn't go down well, thought they could make a quick profit by laying out the red carpet for our local rivals of 130 years and the won't eveb have to suffer any consequences doing it.

The reason people like yourself are called 'happy clappers' is because you will seemingly accept anything just because things aren't as bad as they recently were, even when there's many questionable things going on at the club. God forbid you had any pride or ambition to do better.
We clearly mix in different circles if you think this is the case mind. Who is gonna be bringing it up and mentioning it for donkey's years? Outside of this board I didn't even hear it being mentioned that much once the game had finished.

Been involved in football long enough to understand the implications. Calculated decision IMO whereby the cash earned Is worth taking the heat for with regards to letting out BCB and the hospitality on offer.

Let's be honest - as passionate as we are and for all the moaning on here he's had to face a few questions from RAWA/supporters collective where they doubled down on anything negative aimed at them or pit the blame elsewhere/said things were in place, let it all die down and then STID3 comes out to whatever acclaim it gets where hopefully it puts him back in popularity with many and papers over recent issues.

No real issues at games, protests, being hit in the pocket elsewhere, just some disgruntled fans most of whom will still attend anyway.

Jesus Christ, are you being serious ?
People are allowed to be unhappy with the BCB debacle but still not be angry at club about anything and everything
If you look at the club from when KLD took over from them now it is 100% better
He took over a club with no hope mid table in league one, with no non plan, an academy that had been stripped, no recruitment plan nothing of value on the playing side
We now are a league higher competing in the top ten, numerous playing assets on long contracts , financially stable, clear improvement in the academy, both in results and players coming through with real pathway, a club young aspiring players want to play for
While the BCB debacle was really poor perspective is needed, overall he has improved the club in more ways than not, that can’t be argued it’s a fact
People aren’t ‘happy clappers’ for trying to be glass half full and looking at the whole picture not a small part
I’m ‘ambitious’ to improve just like anyone but some people are realistic to know it might take more time, especially the route we are going down, the boats aren’t perfect, who’s isn’t, could they be better probably in some cases but could they be worse most definitely
Ask Sheff Wed fans as an example if they wish they had our ‘problems’
Some of our fans sorry to say but they twist on 21, and aren’t happy unless they are doing so

Probably has aye.

I think he was genuine enough when he said he wasn't happy about the signage debacle, and it was rectified before a ball was kicked. I've no real issue with that.

The allocation? Debatable but something had to give and we put the bastards in the most sensible place possible (the other being the South Stand and there'd have been just as much uproar if not more about that). We saw from the West Brom/Wolves game that the Cup can bring about these kinds of problems so this wasn't a unique event.
Sensible post.
As a Sunderland fan who is not from Sunderland nor ever been to Sunderland, from my perspective the board's toxicity has gone well over the line in recent months. I liked Tony too, but he was tactically inept at times. If we aspire to be a Premier League team with PL quality players, we aren't going to buy them as the finished product - we are going to have to make them. We have to recruit better, younger talent than our competitors (Stuart Harvey) and it's up to the managers to put them in high pressure situations often, teach them how to play together within a system, and win matches. Tony was great with young players and helping them adapt to the pressure, but was never going to be able to do enough tactically/technically to take us to the PL. I don't know if Beale will be successful, but look at where we were before KLD and Speakman and look at where we are now. They know better than I do and better than almost anyone else on this board. It's their life's work to do what they are doing. The squad, the style of football, the results - it's like night and day to what we had before - even back to Martin Bain/Short. The BCB fiasco was bizarre and clearly a huge mistake - but throwing the baby out with the bathwater is as you Brits say - mental.
Another sensible post!

Last edited:

Back