" Love handles "/Hips

• Thread starter Beefy Monster Munch
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer you wait to start resistance training whilst doing cardio and remaining in a calorie deficit, the more lean body mass you are sacrificing. It's just like taking a few extra steps backwards, before trying to go forward again.

Maybe there is a bit confusion here but when people are advising you to lift, nobody is saying that you must stop your weight loss at the same time. But say if you were 180lbs and doing nothing but endurance style training to lose weight and got down to 160lbs and then got down to the exact same weight using resistance training also, you'd look much better.

Also, will reply to your PM tonight - my phone was being a twat the last few days and have to shoot from the laptop soon.

EDIT:

As mentioned, you won't end up looking like a bodybuilder through weight training, building muscle is a sloowww process - take a look at these charts:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Is what people trying to say, that, whether I do the dumbbells, or cardio, the end result will look the same? (Weight loss)?

I'm still very confused haha, PM sent to WR. Need advice on it like.

The longer you wait to start resistance training whilst doing cardio and remaining in a calorie deficit, the more lean body mass you are sacrificing. It's just like taking a few extra steps backwards, before trying to go forward again.

Maybe there is a bit confusion here but when people are advising you to lift, nobody is saying that you must stop your weight loss at the same time. But say if you were 180lbs and doing nothing but endurance style training to lose weight and got down to 160lbs and then got down to the exact same weight using resistance training also, you'd look much better.

Also, will reply to your PM tonight - my phone was being a twat the last few days and have to shoot from the laptop soon.

Right now I get it, that's what I was thinking all along I just didn't know which way to actually word it.

Sorry to whoever I confused!

And cheers pal, will have dumbbells and a barbel each up to 50kg, and bench will be purchased soon after.

I'm still in the process of losing weight. I want to get as thin as I can before I start dumbbell work outs. I don't see any reason that it won't happen, it's not as if I want to become a body builder. I'll lose the weight then " tighten " myself up. Yes it will happen. I've seen it done, my mate done it and looks great.

Funny how this bloke got ripped after losing all the weight he did, or would he have been better off lifting without losing the weight first? And I'm in no way near the size he was when he started his journey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZzR7cCAEi0

It doesn't give you any idea at all in that video of his training regimen?

Could not disagree more than any post ever on this forum than this,

Look at the physique of a distance runner FFS!

I'll take a powerful, strong, weight lifting sprinters physique over that thanks. Oh and most boxers not fighting at the heavier weight classes have shit all round physiques. A boxer caters to the strengths he will need in the ring, for example punching power is generated through the legs, gluteus and core.

Weight training is far superior than steady state cardio... Especially for your average male. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn, that is a fact.

As for pushing yourself in every training session, well I don't even know how to begin on that one! :)

A structured training programme will see you work towards a maximum output with goals in mind before easing off for a de-loading phase to allow your body to recover and compensate.

Simply mate I think it's because what you want just isn't going to happen no matter how much you think it will and what you're doing now isnt as effective as what he's suggesting but that's your choice if you house to do it that way.

I'm really not sure what you talking about here. Ive never said a long distance runners physique is better or worse than a sprinters? Aesthetically a sprinter looks pretty much as good as it gets for me, the discussion was around shifting excess fat on love handles. For weight loss - you have to be in calorie deficit and there ain't no quicker way to that than tempo running especially fartlek sessions.

For the average joe who is looking to lose a couple of stone and gain some shape then the platform for that is running- plain and simple.

Ive knocked the running on the head and just pumped iron this week, i can say ive still continued to lose 3lbs. Just wish i done this from the start.

In terms of lifting weights, what alternatives are there as I can't get to a gym at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back