" Love handles "/Hips

• Thread starter Beefy Monster Munch
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beefy Monster Munch

Exercises to get rid of these? Annoying as fuck losing weight, feeling good, then looking in the mirror but still seeing these stick out like a saw thumb.

Case of an overall reduction in body fat mate.

they'll be worse in your mind I guarantee it, might never lose if that's the last place it reduces, big shoulders will mean no one is looking at them ;)

Case of an overall reduction in body fat mate.

What's that mean mate? I can feel them being flabby (They don't flop around or out, I mean it's obvious fat and not just bone shape, therefore I think there should be a way to lose fat in taht area?

they'll be worse in your mind I guarantee it, might never lose if that's the last place it reduces, big shoulders will mean no one is looking at them ;)

I am big built and big shoulders but I despise looking in the mirror and seeing these love handles :lol:

I have the same problem. Unless you get lipo, you just need to live with them!

What's that mean mate? I can feel them being flabby (They don't flop around or out, I mean it's obvious fat and not just bone shape, therefore I think there should be a way to lose fat in taht area?

You can't lose fat from specific areas. All you can do is go for a diet/exercise regime which reduces your total body fat and be patient.

Got the same problem, lost a couple of stone, and although I've reduced these and my gut they're still my worst areas.

Now I've started the weights again, I'm hoping to put on size across my chest and shoulders to make the handles less obvious, then as the fat disappears they should reduce over time I hope.

Never going to have a six pack and be in single figure fat percentage, too old at 36, and like to enjoy my self with bait and drink, so it's all about strength training now.

every pound of fat i have is round my middle and love handles. Lewberry is right, train shoulders and lats to even out that inverted V

Cheers lads, just had another look in the mirror today and they don't look TOO bad but still my worst area, will keep working hard and hope they go down in time.

Titus is bang on, you can't spot reduce fat and men carry theirs most around the mid section.

How's your training schedule look, do you do full body weight training plus cardio mate?

Titus is bang on, you can't spot reduce fat and men carry theirs most around the mid section.

How's your training schedule look, do you do full body weight training plus cardio mate?

I do quite a bit running and walking. And use the kettlebells for a full body most days (But I haven't done both for very long, it was either one or the other for a while). So hopefully I will start seeing the benefits in the coming months, I can already see difference in my arms from the kettlebells.

I do quite a bit running and walking. And use the kettlebells for a full body most days (But I haven't done both for very long, it was either one or the other for a while). So hopefully I will start seeing the benefits in the coming months, I can already see difference in my arms from the kettlebells.

Problem is you're not gonna gain overall muscle unless you're say, squatting, dead lifting, overhead pressing, benching, pulling etc etc.

The more muscle you have the more calories you burn also.

Problem is you're not gonna gain overall muscle unless you're say, squatting, dead lifting, overhead pressing, benching, pulling etc etc.

The more muscle you have the more calories you burn also.

Wasn't really looking to gain muscle yet though, I just wanted to try and tighten up most areas and get a little bit definition then when I'm happy with that I would be looking at gaining muscle.

Might sound counter-productive, but a lot of the stuff I've listened to suggests that a lot of steady state cardio (running) can be counter productive in losing "belly fat" due to increased cortisol (stress) levels.

Worth experimenting on yourself though, find somewhere where you can do some sprints (80-100m), sprint to a point & then walk back to the start & repeat maybe 5-8 times.

Think of the difference between a sprinters physique & an endurance athletes, which would you rather have

Last edited:
Wasn't really looking to gain muscle yet though, I just wanted to try and tighten up most areas and get a little bit definition then when I'm happy with that I would be looking at gaining muscle.

If you don't have muscle why do you think you look 'flabby'? Think about it for a minute. :)

If you don't have muscle why do you think you look 'flabby'? Think about it for a minute. :)

I didn't say I look flabby? I'm " solid " (Nor I don't think I'm git hard, I meant as in body haha) it's obvious fat but doens't flab around like the proper fatties. I obviously do have muscle underneath, I just don't want to add more on top of that, I want to get a tad thinner first.

In other words, I don't think I have a clue what I'm on about, I might give up the running and do the sprints like the last lad suggested, carry on with my kettlebells and buy some dumbbells and barbells.

I didn't say I look flabby? I'm " solid " (Nor I don't think I'm git hard, I meant as in body haha) it's obvious fat but doens't flab around like the proper fatties. I obviously do have muscle underneath, I just don't want to add more on top of that, I want to get a tad thinner first.

In other words, I don't think I have a clue what I'm on about, I might give up the running and do the sprints like the last lad suggested, carry on with my kettlebells and buy some dumbbells and barbells.

Yeah sprinting burns fat better as its a form of interval training, think of a sprinters physique compared to that of a distance runner mate, all power, speed and muscle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back