Louise Wanless RIP

Just looked on Twitter, and as others have said, it's not just local clubs or League 1 clubs commenting, she's had an impact on Premier League and Championship clubs on their visits to the Stadium of Light.

We've been lucky to have someone like Louise working for the club. The bar has been set for future and current employees of the club. RIP Louise.
Reading some of the comments, and noticed a bit of grit in my eye
I thought Anton Ferdinand's was really moving

I hope she knew how well liked she was.

With things like this sometimes the bigger tragedy is the person not seeing these messages.

Always take the time to tell people what they mean to you!

Rest in glorious peace Louise you beautiful angel I never knew you personally but watching stid you always came across as a devoted hard working safc fan. God bless you xxxxxxxx

Lovely woman.
I giggled at Kylers tribute.
At a Micmac talking I was chatting to him n she came over n very politely reminded him Mick had put a 10pm curfew on the players.
“Fuck off!” Was his response but tbf he was very young n very daft (still is, we have a mutual friend).

When Spark FM first started I presented the Sports Show with another lad. It was impossible to get anything from SAFC back then, they just didn't know who we were and probably (and rightly) thought we were fairly insignificant as a media outlet at the time.

That said Louise invited me to a match and let me interview her pitchside before kick off. I had wanted to talk about the charity stuff they were doing at the time rather than the football itself and she said it would sound better if we did it on a matchday with the crowd and pre match buzz audible.

She was the first person I ever interviewed for radio and that was the only time I ever met her but she was an absolute dream for a newbie like me. Gave me loads of pointers and tricks of the trade for interviews. She didn't have to do any of this and to this day I've never met anyone so welcoming and helpful for interview.

I'm not surprised at the comments like mine from others on this thread. A sad loss for her family, friends and the club.

When Spark FM first started I presented the Sports Show with another lad. It was impossible to get anything from SAFC back then, they just didn't know who we were and probably (and rightly) thought we were fairly insignificant as a media outlet at the time.

That said Louise invited me to a match and let me interview her pitchside before kick off. I had wanted to talk about the charity stuff they were doing at the time rather than the football itself and she said it would sound better if we did it on a matchday with the crowd and pre match buzz audible.

She was the first person I ever interviewed for radio and that was the only time I ever met her but she was an absolute dream for a newbie like me. Gave me loads of pointers and tricks of the trade for interviews. She didn't have to do any of this and to this day I've never met anyone so welcoming and helpful for interview.

I'm not surprised at the comments like mine from others on this thread. A sad loss for her family, friends and the club.
It sounds like we were both there at a similar time, I think Spark either started the year before I got there or the year I started. Very similar experience with Louise, always really helpful and approachable.

Reactions: mux
Reading all the wonderful tributes to her both here and elsewhere it's important to be reminded that not all of the people who have contributed so much to our Club have just kicked a ball around. She seems to have embodied and promoted all of the other really positive values that SAFC fans want their Club to be renowned for

RIP Louise.

Very sad news. I never met her but have read so many good things about her over the years and really got a shock when I saw the thread title. Rest in peace Louise xx

Back