Louise Wanless RIP

The club should change the name of the stadium after her for 1 game possibly the first home game of the season. The Louise wanless stadium I think it would be a nice touch

Last edited:

Devastating news. As lovely a person as you could wish to meet. She was a force of nature behind the scenes. On a match day (the only time I saw her in action) it was like there were 10 of her, she seemed to be everywhere but, from what I saw, never stressed or hurried and was able to find and make time for everyone that needed it.

RIP Louise , they should name a stand after her or at the very least a function room or something . huge loss to our club , huge

Never knew her, only knew of her from others and on here. Everybody only had good things to say about her.

Very Sad, and no age at all

RIP Louise

Reading some of the comments, and noticed a bit of grit in my eye
I thought Anton Ferdinand's was really moving
I see Joey Barton tweeted some very nice words too based on the times he's spent with her when he's visited the SoL. Possibly already been posted in this thread.

Terrible news. Reading some of the comments from those that had dealings with the lady she seems to have been loved and well respected far beyond our club. RIP 😔

I see Joey Barton tweeted some very nice words too based on the times he's spent with her when he's visited the SoL. Possibly already been posted in this thread.
Saw that too, so refreshing that the football community came come together in such a sad event, whether its Crook Town or Chelsea, the Daily Telegraph, Sky Sports or Sunderland Echo.
I hope her family find some comfort in this.

Exchanged a series of emails and talked with her face-to-face a couple times on the 2005 preseason trip to the Pacific Northwest - even have a photo buried somewhere with her pitchside in Seattle - as part of a rather far-fetched effort someone had suggested to try to get my sons on as mascots in the walkout. We didn't succeed, mostly due to how the clubs here did pre-match, but never forgot how helpful she was and how nice she was generally to everybody during various fan-access things on that trip. Amazing to see just how universal that view of her is across not just SAFC, but all of football.

Without overdoing it, the club really should find some find some way to honor her - maybe name the media area for her or summit like that.

Very sad, massive loss to the club.

Hope her family can find some comfort in just how high of a regard she was held in by the football community.

You've got to be pretty special to have an impact on that many people far and wide.

Feel like I've missed out never meeting her.

R.I.P. Louise

This is so sad, I met her a few times on preseason and she was always amazing. I can't say more than already has been said, but R.I.P Louise.

Back