Lots of aeroplanes

Those two FA20s are sooo close that must be a hell of a job flying fast jets.

Until you get shot down beaten to shit and paraded on telly - then - not so much.

Brave people.

Just had RRR9221 fly over. Flight path shows a few loops over the North Sea out from Lincolnshire and some earlier loops over Yeovil & Taunton. Headed back to Brize Norton now.

The Voyager was out last night (or the night before) doing the same thing over the Lincolnshire coast. I noticed it on Flightradar.

I've seen a lot of F15's from Lakenheath doing a lot of flying over the past few weeks as well. Not on Flightradar, just with my own eyes when they've been flying over. :)

The other year I saw about 15-20 planes together over Sunderland, in a clear blue sky, travelling northwards. Their vapour trails were like that of airliners but they were far too high to make out what craft they were? They were not jet fighters and not in a synchronised formation. I thought they must be large Air Force cargo jets? Never seen that many planes together before and wondered was it some type of military exercise?

Last edited:
The other year I saw about 15-20 planes together over Sunderland, in a clear blue sky, travelling northwards. Their vapour trails were like that of airliners but they were far too high to make out what craft they were? They were not jet fighters and not in a synchronised formation. I thought they must be large Air Force cargo jets? Never seen that many planes together before and wondered was it some type of military exercise?
That’s unusual- any body checked to see if we’ve been invaded today. I’m still in bed so need to know if I should prepare for a skirmish.

the two dassalt falcons have just taken off from teeside and are off towards the north sea... some heavy military helicopter has just circled over south tyneside...

The Falcons based at Teesside are basically target aircraft. They have gear on board which they use to mimic other aircraft. They launch, go out to sea then switch on the equipment to test the reactions of the RAF.
Also they do things like test radar sites accuracy and test distance measuring equipment.

Was the helicopter a big grey thing. My dad said it hovered over Consett for a while then went off towards Stanley and the coast. He said it was very low and loud

The Falcons based at Teesside are basically target aircraft. They have gear on board which they use to mimic other aircraft. They launch, go out to sea then switch on the equipment to test the reactions of the RAF.
Also they do things like test radar sites accuracy and test distance measuring equipment.

Was the helicopter a big grey thing. My dad said it hovered over Consett for a while then went off towards Stanley and the coast. He said it was very low and loud
Did it drop off an invasion force is what we need to know tho?

I saw one of those fly over Edinburgh yesterday heading south. I’ve been noticing some RAF flights coming across from Bangor, Maine. wikipedia reckons it’s a refuelling station, have the RAF been repatriating or is that being left to the commercial carriers?

Americans heading over the pond. They all join up over norfolk then head north over Newcastle, turning left at Leuchars to head over the ocean. Usually two or three tankers plus chicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Arras mate. They normally come every summer

Last edited:

Back