Losing your mam

I lost my Mam in 2002 and think about her every day. I remember her telling me as a teenager that she thought about her Mam every day - she'd died when I was about one. That seemed so long ago to me that I couldn't comprehend why she'd still be thinking about her and said this to her. The ignorance of youth.

I wish I could tell her I was an idiot. And can honestly say you'll think of her every day too.

Dread it hopefully a long way off

My lass lost hers in April this year and obviously still struggling… harrowing when she breaks and says she just wants her mam

Even if you don't feel like posting a lot, I hope this show of support helps in this very difficult time for you and your family.
All the best

I know nobody knows me on here but been on here for many years and I have seen many posters on here post similar stuff before,but we lost our mam yesterday after a 5 month fight against heart disease.
I know they get a bad wrap sometimes but everyone at Sunderland hospital,especially in iccu,ccu and ward b22 gave amazing care and afforded my mam a peaceful and dignified death,so if anyone has any family members work there can you give them a big kiss and cuddle from us

Rip mam(liz) and I hope you meet dad(Tom) on the other side

thanks for reading and best wishes to everyone
Oh I am sorry, my heart goes out to you and yours. Stay strong (for Liz) and remember the good times.

I lost my Mam in April this year so coming up to 6 months. It's hard to deal with but am lucky I had her for 51 years and have so many lovely memories.

So sorry for you loss xx
My mother in law died in March. My wife has really struggled with it. I’m sure she has great memories as well but it’s the day to day stuff like shopping together that she misses the most. Plus I’m absolutely dreading Christmas.

So sorry for your loss. 12 years to the day since my Mam died. It gets easier certainly, but Ive never really been the same since.

I'd usually raise a glass in my Mam's memory today, but I'm off the sauce at the minute.

Back