Losing your mam

Very sorry to hear this but after a long struggle sometimes there comes a time to say goodbye.

My Dad struggled with Parkinson's and became a shadow of himself in the end. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I always smile at the happy times we had together.

Best wishes mate.

I know they get a bad wrap sometimes but everyone at Sunderland hospital,especially in iccu,ccu and ward b22 gave amazing care and afforded my mam a peaceful and dignified death,so if anyone has any family members work there can you give them a big kiss and cuddle from us
What a pleasant and considerate thing to say especially whilst you're grieving.

Sounds like your mam raised a decent person in you. Sorry for your loss

I was bereft when mam died. My boy was 6 months old and I couldn’t conceive of how I could manage without my mam around. I was so anxious I had horrendous palpitations and thought I might die myself! I dreaded waking up and remembering she was gone every day but gradually it got easier and now I smile every day when I think of her. The pain of loss is just the cost of love really. Thoughts with you and yours, may your mam rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss OP 🙏
I was bereft when mam died. My boy was 6 months old and I couldn’t conceive of how I could manage without my mam around. I was so anxious I had horrendous palpitations and thought I might die myself! I dreaded waking up and remembering she was gone every day but gradually it got easier and now I smile every day when I think of her. The pain of loss is just the cost of love really. Thoughts with you and yours, may your mam rest in peace.
What a great post đź‘Ťsomeone's been cutting onions here.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and yours and keep those priceless thoughts and memories with you. Lost mine when I was 20 - hard to believe it's over half my lifetime ago! She never got to meet either of my kids or my wife(s!) but she would have been very happy and supportive with them, just like she was with me and my sister. I think about her often, as I'm sure you will yours, too.

Back